Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
 on: Today at 13:37:53 
Started by Varche - Last post by Doctor Gollum
I did quite a bit of research last night. No adjustment on stock suspension for camber but you might get a tiny amount from the holes where top of strut mounts.

Could be some damaged suspension component but most likely a bent part of shock absorber. I watched an excellent how to video on changing front shocks. Definitely beyond my current capabilities. I was really impressed by their attention to detail. Cleaning bolt and nut heads before undoing and applying spray copper grease afterwards. Never seen that product but I still have my tub and tube from probably the seventies . I wish every mechanic paid that much attention to detail. Obviously everyone on here does!

In the summer , I will cast around for a garage to do the job. In the meantime I will do some research on which shocks to use. I won’t go OEM. Might go Bilstein B4 but don’t want a lumpy ride. What is on now are original fitment on 125k miles so are perhaps giving a lumpy ride ie jarring when you go over a sleeping policeman. I guess any would be an improvement …… Any recommendations?
OEM are almost certainly Bilstien on that...
Same struts as the Leon/Altea/Octavia.

on: Today at 12:13:26 
Started by Mister Rog - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
Samantha Davis - wife of Warwick. Only 53.  :(

That is quite short.

on: Today at 12:11:38 
Started by biggriffin - Last post by Field Marshal Dr. Opti
Changing the oil+filter is interesting,  if car isn't high enough you can't drop undertray flap down enough,  .....

you need a Pela oil-sucker-outerer :y

My oil-sucker-outerer can't be pushed down far enough to suck the oil from my classic and highly desirable Vauxhall. :-\

The tube is long enough but there is an obstruction of some kind.
Strange  ??? So how does the dip stick reach the oil if there's an obstruction ??  :-\

Exactly my thoughts.......The dipstick is extremely skinny for the last 5 or 6 inches and the tube simply can't be pushed in far enough. :-\

on: Today at 09:24:03 
Started by 2boxerdogs - Last post by Mr Skrunts
Rock

on: Today at 09:02:03 
Started by 2boxerdogs - Last post by johnnydog
Punk

on: Today at 09:00:56 
Started by Varche - Last post by Varche
I did quite a bit of research last night. No adjustment on stock suspension for camber but you might get a tiny amount from the holes where top of strut mounts.

Could be some damaged suspension component but most likely a bent part of shock absorber. I watched an excellent how to video on changing front shocks. Definitely beyond my current capabilities. I was really impressed by their attention to detail. Cleaning bolt and nut heads before undoing and applying spray copper grease afterwards. Never seen that product but I still have my tub and tube from probably the seventies . I wish every mechanic paid that much attention to detail. Obviously everyone on here does!

In the summer , I will cast around for a garage to do the job. In the meantime I will do some research on which shocks to use. I won’t go OEM. Might go Bilstein B4 but don’t want a lumpy ride. What is on now are original fitment on 125k miles so are perhaps giving a lumpy ride ie jarring when you go over a sleeping policeman. I guess any would be an improvement …… Any recommendations?

on: Today at 04:30:31 
Started by STEMO - Last post by Doctor Gollum
Last online two months ago, which is very unlike her.  :-\
Hence the question :-\

on: Today at 04:28:01 
Started by biggriffin - Last post by Doctor Gollum
The Insignificant engine is a pita as the filter is at the back right-hand corner of the engine and officially requires a special funnel to get the oil to drain cleanly when the filter is removed... It's almost a subframe out job*. Sucking the oil out doesn't correct the stupid design.

It's not quite that bad, but the filter cap is buried in the depths of Narnia.

on: Today at 04:23:22 
Started by Varche - Last post by Doctor Gollum
It could be slightly bent or top mount failed.

Front struts on a Golf are hardly ground breaking either by design or fitting.

No different to the Omega or any other McPherson equipped car and it's only a pricey job because of all the parts that should be replaced in the process and the requirement to do both sides...

on: Today at 00:17:26 
Started by Mister Rog - Last post by Migv6 le Frog Fan
Samantha Davis - wife of Warwick. Only 53.  :(

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 16 queries.