Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBA-reman and CIDs  (Read 745 times)

Mr Hagon

• Intermediate Member
  • South West London
  • RWD and V6; the only way to travel!
    • View Profile
BBA-reman and CIDs
« on: 04 December 2009, 10:58:57 »

Just an update for everyone on here to let you know that BBA-reman can still repair CIDs from Omegas.

Contrary to their website they don't do exchange units anymore, due to the shortage of the LCDs.  You actually have to send your unit off to them.

Fortunately mine could be repaired with a new screen.  However this is the issue moving forward.  They've only managed to source replacement LCDs from China (prior to this they thought they could get them from the US) and I expect there's a limit to the stock out there.

They think the lead time now is about 2-3 weeks to source them, but there would be testing time on top of this.  Whilst I sent mine away early September I only got the call this week saying it had been fixed, tested and ready to ship back, but I expect the bulk of this time was sourcing the LCD.

Now for the bad news.  It's cost me just over £500 for them to do this; prior to this had stock been easy to come by it would have cost half of this, and when they thought they could get it from the US it was £455.  Not cheap, but less that half Vx would charge for the entire unit new.

As ever thanks to the folks on the forum for posting previously as otherwise I wouldn't have known that BBA-reman were out there.
Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.2 Estate (Mar '02) in Star Silver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.