Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: I blame Brexit  (Read 2333 times)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
I blame Brexit
« on: 04 February 2020, 18:26:53 »

On the day we left the E.U. the TV packed up , today the toaster went the same way , too much of a coincidence for me  ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: I blame Brexit
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2020, 18:34:21 »

OMG they were right the world is going to end!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o                                           :D :D :D  ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2020, 18:49:28 »

Bet they were all made in the EU ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2020, 19:00:42 »

When did China join the EU?  :o  :D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2020, 19:20:32 »

When did China join the EU?  :o  :D

Oh my goodness, those appliances caught the virus! ;D ;D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2020, 19:26:21 »

There was a time when you had to fit your own plug.

I think fitted plugs came from the EU. :)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 February 2020, 19:34:44 »

Cheap electric  ::)
swap to a more expensive supplier ,
cheap electric will never brown your toast properly  :y
probably not powerful enough to strike the valves in your talking picture box either  :P

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2020, 19:55:31 »

Microwave still good till 31st December.  At least the chlorine washed,  hormone fed, replacement will be cheap in the Sales and come next day from the USA.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2020, 07:59:06 »

Maybe older electrical stuff needs an "octane booster" adding to allow them to run on this new fangled green energy instead of the old full fat electricity :D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 February 2020, 00:21:05 »

A week in since leaving the EU & I'm very, very disappointed where project fear told us our £1 would be worth less than a lira or a 1920's deutschmark but the GBP is steady against the USD & Euro. I've still been able to buy toilet rolls so I haven't had to use my reserve of Liebour or Limpdims 12/12 GE sheet of lies to smear some of their sh*t back. :o Worst of all is that we were guaranteed the skies would be full of flying fire breathing dragons, giving us Leavers fire, brimstone & eternal hottest part of hell's damnation & I haven't seen one, not one, has anybody else?

On the 31/12/2020 I proudly wore my leave 31/01/2020 T-shirt & a couple of shouty remoaners had a go at us & their best argument was we think personally it is a bad idea to leave the EU. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 February 2020, 12:42:12 »

I went out for a couple of pints last night with an old mate and we were discussing the corona virus and what might happen if it seriously spreads.

I jokingly said I might a couple of cans of spam in, just in case I have to stay in, and he said, luckily I've still got my BREXIT stash so I'm alright!  ;D

When I stopped laughing, he sheepishly admitted that he had indeed, bought in a stash of food in case of No Deal....  ::)

He is a very intelligent man with three degrees, a BA, an MA and a Phd.  He's a Dr! , but he reads the Guardian....  :-[   ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 February 2020, 13:14:16 »

I went out for a couple of pints last night with an old mate and we were discussing the corona virus and what might happen if it seriously spreads.

I jokingly said I might a couple of cans of spam in, just in case I have to stay in, and he said, luckily I've still got my BREXIT stash so I'm alright!  ;D

When I stopped laughing, he sheepishly admitted that he had indeed, bought in a stash of food in case of No Deal....  ::)

He is a very intelligent man with three degrees, a BA, an MA and a Phd.  He's a Dr! , but he reads the Guardian....  :-[   ;D

Why would you NOT have a "stash" of food,medicine,back up power and lighting,extra security  :-X etc  :o

the power grid has had failures recently, there is corona virus on the news (spreading) ,uncertainty of supply of medicine and food etc and currently very strong winds  that could cause problems

fail to prepare ,prepare to fail 

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 February 2020, 13:36:17 »

A week in since leaving the EU & I'm very, very disappointed where project fear told us our £1 would be worth less than a lira or a 1920's deutschmark but the GBP is steady against the USD & Euro. I've still been able to buy toilet rolls so I haven't had to use my reserve of Liebour or Limpdims 12/12 GE sheet of lies to smear some of their sh*t back. :o Worst of all is that we were guaranteed the skies would be full of flying fire breathing dragons, giving us Leavers fire, brimstone & eternal hottest part of hell's damnation & I haven't seen one, not one, has anybody else?

On the 31/12/2020 I proudly wore my leave 31/01/2020 T-shirt & a couple of shouty remoaners had a go at us & their best argument was we think personally it is a bad idea to leave the EU. ;D ;D ;D

Wait until 1st January 2021, Mr Rods. ;)

At present we are still following all EU rules. When they say jump we still have to ask 'how high' :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 February 2020, 16:12:09 »

Why would you NOT have a "stash" of food,medicine,back up power and lighting,extra security  :-X etc  :o

the power grid has had failures recently, there is corona virus on the news (spreading) ,uncertainty of supply of medicine and food etc and currently very strong winds  that could cause problems

Was it just me then that didn't believe all the scaremongering?  :-\

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 February 2020, 16:32:05 »

Was it just me then that didn't believe all the scaremongering?  :-\
How is it "scaremongering"   :-\ big chunks of the UK where without electricity just a few months back
there is a storm right now that's battering things (i already have fencing jobs coming in ) so power lines could be damaged
supermarket stocks of simple drugs like painkillers  have been depleted in my area and prices have gone up  as have food prices
that may be down to people stock-piling for BREXIT , but whatever the reason, there are shortages and price increases

stocking up on tins and long life supplies makes sense before prices increase even more

"the end of the world is nye"  ;D :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 February 2020, 17:00:18 »

Actually the shortage of pain killers has more to do with illegal drugs trade than Brexit.

And all panic buying does is encourage otherwise normal people to panic buy ::)

As to power outages etc, that's purely weather related and hardly a new concept. Getting a couple of days worth of extra stuff in is common sense if you might not be able to get out for a bit.

We have about 15 litres of bottled water for drinking and about 400 litres in water butts for flushing purposes. There's always a few tins of soup etc in the cupboard anyway. If we lose power then we'll lose heat and light... nothing that bed and torches/candles can't overcome. But still have gas for cooking.

In twenty years we have probably had less than a week in total hours without electricity, and possibly ten days without water. Never has the gas been off.

Currently on a shake based diet, so as long as I have water, or access to it, I have enough food to last until mid March.

So, in the immortal words of Catherine Tate, Face? Bovvered?  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 February 2020, 17:17:35 »

I've got enough stuff to last a "few days" too  ;D :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 February 2020, 17:43:22 »

I meant specifically the BREXIT scaremongering where they were saying that we were going to starve or die for lack of drugs in the No Deal scenario.  Sometime in the summer the Guardian ran a front page story that EVERY lorry would be stopped and unloaded for checks, which was a blatant lie as both UK and French customs had both explicitly ruled out extra checks.  ::)  The BBC, FT, Times etc were all running similar stories and looking back the rhetoric and scaremongering was shocking!  :o  >:(

So no, I didn't believe it and didn't stockpile.  Having said that I generally keep the freezer well stocked, but that's more for convenience than the apocalyse!  :)

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.