Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question for TB & Aaron on the NSX VM Edge Gateway  (Read 685 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
A question for TB & Aaron on the NSX VM Edge Gateway
« on: 08 February 2020, 21:52:13 »

A client who I recommended move from his current hosting provider when his server needed updating instead decided to stay with them. It has bitten him bigtime (& unfortunately me) where he is losing everything from some traffic to all traffic from his direct sales but more importantly XML to a massive UK online retailer which generates the majority of his online sales. I can see we are losing some inbound XML data, but not all, by setting up a range of quotes on their system that I can identify as not arriving on our server & more traffic where the 3rd party are seeing my reply XML connections to them as being aborted partly through the sending of the XML data & this can be from about 20% to 100% so he is getting from reduced business to no business! >:(

1. How reliable are the NSX VM Edge Gateways & their software?
2. If you are not very competent, is it easy to miss-configure & then blame the H/W & S/W or are there genune issues?

I started speaking to Zen last week about moving but the current contract with his current supplier runs until the end of the year. I may have to recommend he goes to them for at least the XML feed in the short term & sees out the contract for the direct websites, as the money & gross profits he is losing is much, much bigger than the additional monthly server outlay, but of course it is still an outlay which reduces his profitability.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: A question for TB & Aaron on the NSX VM Edge Gateway
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2020, 17:51:17 »

NSX is pretty robust, though like any network (as it acts nearer to an enterprise router than a dumb arsed switch like VMware's standard and distributed switches), easy to bugger up.

If its cloud hosted, I'd initially be checking the DNS config is correct and consistent.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.