Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

2.6 spanner + eml light flashing, throttle body clicking + non starting

(1/5) > >>

johnnydog:
My starting woes are continuing.....
On my 2.6, my intermittant starting has continued. Two crank sensors, a fuel pump relay, and I thought the 2nd crank sensor had sorted it. My thoughts then went to the immobiliser. Intermittantly, it would just crank but not fire as previously. Maybe coincidence, but using the spare key seemed to rectify the issue. If using the original key, it occasionally wouldnt start, but if I tried the spare, it generally started ok. Until today.
Tried the original key, and it just cranked. Tried the spare and it fired up, as it has done previously. On my 5 mile trip, on the motorway at around 70mph, it suddenly 'died' momentarily, not a misfire, but similar to the engine cutting out - the EML light came on briefly, and the engine immediately fired again, as normal, and after a couple of seconds the EML went out.
Left the engine running at my destination for around 10 minutes (didn't want to switch off...), and then set off - over the next mile, the same symptoms happened again 4 times around 30 mph - the engine cutting out momentarily, and the EML coming on for a second or so, before firing up again - until I slowed to stop at a junction. The engine cut out completely as I came to a stop. Took the key out of ignition, locked it, unlocked it, tried starting the engine and it fired. It then ran perfectly for the 5 miles home.
Checked the codes -
ABS traction control 2 faults
1 - Canbus not communicating with ECM - U2105-4
2 - Engine torque reduction incorrect signal - C0241-4

Antitheft 2 codes
125 present
128 Not present ( an old code?)

Cleared the codes, the antitheft codes went, but it then read 'Unable to communicate with ECM'
At this point when the ignition was on, the spanner light and EML were flashing alternately very quickly, not brightly, but quite visible. Tried to crank the engine, and it fired, and ran for about a second before cutting out.
With the ignition on, the throttle body was clicking loudly quite merrily, and this was  continuous whilst the ignition was switched on. Switched off, and back on again, and the clicking continued...
I have read topics 121307.0 3.2 Elite No Start 5th Feb 2014, and 16628.0 3.2 Won't Start, but I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this one.....?  It's driving me nuts....

Doctor Gollum:
How many keys on the keyring being used? More than one chip in close proximity can confuse the transponder.

Any notable difference between the key blades being used?

johnnydog:
The keys are on their own individual key rings with no other keys. The one I'm not using / trying is generally in my jacket pocket whilst the other is in the ignition.

johnnydog:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 08 March 2022, 21:46:41 ---How many keys on the keyring being used? More than one chip in close proximity can confuse the transponder.

Any notable difference between the key blades being used?

--- End quote ---

No particular wear on either. One has seen more use than the other for obvious reasons, but nothing significant.

As regards two keys being used near to each other, I regularly deliver vehicles that have two keys on the same fob in the ignition, or two together in the centre console if keyless ignition, or have two keys in very close proximity to each other, i.e one in the ignition, the other in the centre console, but I have never experienced issues that would suggest symptoms as above caused by two keys close to each other. Not that any are Omegas though.....

TheBoy:
Immobiliser fault will not shut down a running engine.

Not clear from initial post, any engine codes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version