Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

instrument supply

(1/4) > >>

cam.in.head:
hi.
just to confirm. if fuse 15 is ok and everything on the car works fine but i have no fuel,temp guage,no tach and no speedo then this points to a bad rear cluster plug or faulty cluster itself.
also i have a spare 2.2 cluster.will this fit and work just for elimination purposes ( into a 2.6) or is it different in any major ways.
many thanks.

cam.in.head:
also does anyone know if i can put 12v onto the removed cluster to check it operation.i assume the tach and speedo will move,twitch as they do when you turn on ignition.

TheBoy:
For testing, should be able to try the 2.2 instruments.  Can't really drive like that though, as gauges will read wrong,

cam.in.head:
yes it will just be to see if dash supply is working as i cant check with instruments out or air bag light will trigger. do you know the supply terminal to the connector so i can try it once out on the bench ( and try my spare )

TheBoy:
You'll have to look in Haynes Book of 'dangle berries', or TIS or similar to get pinout.  From memory, its not actually easy to temporarily connect to the instrument panel, due to the connector type...  ...that said, ages since I've had one out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version