Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Heater fan speed strange problem

(1/1)

veralum:
2002 2.2 facelift

The air con doesn’t work ( needs gas I think) the fan speeds act like they are on auto ( full speed) unless the interior temp is set to match the outside temp then I can adjust the fan speed as normal!   Otherwise the blower is full on, no matter what settings I try, any ideas? I have searched but not found a similar problem

Doctor Gollum:
Damp in the climate panel and/or blower resistor :-\

Incidentally, AUTO is only full fan until the temperature selected is reached, then it should slow.

The exception to this is if temp is set to either LO or HI.

If ECO is displayed on the screen then that is actually Aircon off. (Climate control is independent of air-conditioning even though they share a control panel, OFF is climate control completely off, ECO is aircon off. There is a difference).

Have you the temp set on both sides, or just the driver's side?

veralum:
Just had a play with it, outside temp is 21 so if I set inside temp to 21 fan speeds adjust as normal if I set temp higher or lower than the outside temp the fan comes on full and does not respond to speed buttons, (this is with auto and eco off)

TheBoy:
There is a software update for the climate panel that helps, but really the system always blows fans quite hard, made worse in the summer by non functional a/c, as its trying to cool with warm air...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version