Chat Area > General Discussion Area

My ICE Project so far...

(1/6) > >>

tunnie:
Well after much thinking and several beers! I decided it was best to keep my Double Din unit. I was going to loose too much money on it replacing with single DIN.

So I decided make that unit fit, and work!

First problem was the cage as too big, almost half a cm!! Grrrr damn Vauxhalls. So I got some Tin cutters and cut the top off the cage, sorry there are not pictures of this, but in the heat and my frustation i thought it was not wise to have an expensive object near me!  ::)

So if you imaine a standard HU cage, i cut the top off so it only had 3 sides. After 2 cut fingers, some TCP and a plaster later it was cut down to size.

And it was still a !"&^$%! b!tch to fit in, in the end i used small blocks of wood about an 1inch sqaure and a mallet to get the damn thing in!! But i was worth it.

The headunit now slides in and clicks and holds were it should, here are some pictures of my progress so far:

After messing around with the settings, i got rid of the crappy animations that went on, horrible horrible animations. Looks better just displaying the track name

I have an Aux lead (RCA to headphone) jacking going to the glovebox

The Sub, this Vibe Active unit is amazing!! So powefull! with the boot closed and Ski hatch shut, it still feels like someone is punching the back of my seat!  :o

Please excuse the mess in the boot!

I have on order a facia adaptor, thats next on my list to modify so it fills the gap between the HU and the side buttons.

Markie:
Thats looking good Mark

Would love to go at something like this for the Omega but need the boot space for the golf clubs  :(

tunnie:
Golf clubs!  :o

Plenty of room for them even with the Sub in there, depends how many clubs you want to take!

Pleased so far with the install, just getting the facia to blend in nicely is the troube.

That Vibe unit is so powerfull it vibrates the boot and the back bumper!  :)

markey mark:
told you them vibe active subs are quality  ;) really punch hard  ;D

TheBoy:
You could have taken those filters out and chucked them away - they've been there since Sat!

BTW, I have a spare sump plug now. Flipping expensive though (over £3 + VAT). Thieving bastards...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version