Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Pussies  (Read 12113 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Pussies
« Reply #45 on: 22 April 2017, 12:29:20 »

Filled it last night and reset trips, and drove back 25ish miles. Sub 30mpg.  So gonna have to get used to higher fuel costs ;D

Nice! "Using the performance" then ;).

For that mpg, weren't you tempted by the more hairy chested 5.0?
An XF wanted to play, so as a fellow Jag owner, it was rude to not oblige. Mrs TB, after a period of blissful silence, tells me there are no grab handles for the front seat passenger - another step down from a 19yr old Omega....

As to V8, we all know I'd struggle to get 15mpg day to day from a NA one, and 10mpg from a proper one.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 22 April 2017, 13:24:37 »

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons...

I wonder what this...

Is doing to the gallon :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 22 April 2017, 13:45:28 »

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons...

I wonder what this...

Is doing to the gallon :D

That car has the same gearing as the USS Enterprise. ;)

Lincs Robert

« Reply #48 on: 22 April 2017, 14:16:18 »

How old is she, any background on her?
Dusty? He's a he. Rescue cat, so history unknown, believed to now be about 3-4yrs old, BSH/British Blue.  We also have his suspected mother, Dinky, 4-5yrs old, BSH/Tuxedo, from same rescue place (they didn't want to be separated).

(Image curtesy of Homeless Cat Rescue http://www.homelesscatrescue.co.uk/)

Er, I meant the car ....... ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 22 April 2017, 15:32:21 »

Dusty? He's a he. Rescue cat, so history unknown, believed to now be about 3-4yrs old, BSH/British Blue.  We also have his suspected mother, Dinky, 4-5yrs old, BSH/Tuxedo, from same rescue place (they didn't want to be separated).

(Image curtesy of Homeless Cat Rescue http://www.homelesscatrescue.co.uk/)

Poor old TB is easily confused these days. ;)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 22 April 2017, 16:54:55 »

Is Jaguar becoming the choice of change for the Omega owner  :) Very nice .
Omegatitis

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #51 on: 22 April 2017, 17:29:27 »

Filled it last night and reset trips, and drove back 25ish miles. Sub 30mpg.  So gonna have to get used to higher fuel costs ;D

An XF wanted to play, so as a fellow Jag owner, it was rude to not oblige. Mrs TB, after a period of blissful silence, tells me there are no grab handles for the front seat passenger - another step down from a 19yr old Omega....

As to V8, we all know I'd struggle to get 15mpg day to day from a NA one, and 10mpg from a proper one.

Glad to see you've gone for a sensible car Jaime.  Guess the prices for the weasels have dropped quite low now - at least with the V8 prices are pretty stable - had mine about 2 years now, and depreciation over that time, looking about, appears at the most about £500.  Still the petrol versions are scarcer than the dervs.
On a recent run (mainly motorway) of around 350 miles, av speed was 65mph, and fuel was 28mpg, and I wasn't hanging about!!
Enjoy yours!!
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 22 April 2017, 17:32:04 »

Oh. Err, background, err, probably built in Castle Bromwich. Designed by some bloke in Whitley.  Replace the X358 smell-of-wee model.

Not much more to say really...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 22 April 2017, 17:32:49 »

Poor old TB is easily confused these days. ;)
Too many pussies....

....a problem you're familiar with I understand, Lord Opti.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 22 April 2017, 17:34:28 »

Glad to see you've gone for a sensible car Jaime.  Guess the prices for the weasels have dropped quite low now - at least with the V8 prices are pretty stable - had mine about 2 years now, and depreciation over that time, looking about, appears at the most about £500.  Still the petrol versions are scarcer than the dervs.
On a recent run (mainly motorway) of around 350 miles, av speed was 65mph, and fuel was 28mpg, and I wasn't hanging about!!
Enjoy yours!!
Glad you're on.  I have a slight pull on it.  Do these benefit WIM style treatment, or just take it down the road for tracking?
Grumpy old man

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #55 on: 22 April 2017, 17:50:22 »

Enjoy yours!!
Glad you're on.  I have a slight pull on it.  Do these benefit WIM style treatment, or just take it down the road for tracking?

Not heard of this being a geo issue with the X351 - had no such issues with mine.  Whats your milage?  Seems there are issues with suspension bushes with higher miles  ;)  Sticky front caliper?  The X350/358 was supposed to be geo sensitive, again never had an issue when I had the X350, and never had a geo carried out during my ownership.  Tyre wear was always even, but rears didn't last too long - same on the X351, particulary as its easy on mine to spin up the back wheels.

HTH Jaime.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22 April 2017, 18:00:14 »

Cheers dbug :y
Grumpy old man

Lincs Robert

« Reply #57 on: 22 April 2017, 18:58:03 »

Oh. Err, background, err, probably built in Castle Bromwich. Designed by some bloke in Whitley.  Replace the X358 smell-of-wee model.

Age, miles? Any juicy options?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 22 April 2017, 19:28:37 »

Age, miles? Any juicy options?
Mid forties, but definitely been around the block somewhat :P

Its a 3.0l twin turbo diesel, allegedly something like 275bhp, 0-60 in 6s, 155 mph limited.

Its the well spec'd Portfolio model, SWB, with some of the options ticked at purchase. Has just about everything I can think of, including the rare electric rear blind.  What it doesn't have is RSE or adaptive cruise. No front fogs either, but they are not an option on an XJ.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 22 April 2017, 19:31:04 »

dbug - did you get any instructions for the headphones, can't work out how to turn them off. Even popping the batteries out, and putting them back in, they are still on ;D.

Unless they are faulty, but they look to be nearly £200 to replace :o.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.