Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is This?  (Read 3702 times)

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
Re: Where is This?
« Reply #30 on: 17 June 2007, 17:37:53 »

Didn't notice that view from Fowey last time I went :o

Where is this?

Blimey, you don't give much away. Water, boats, sky and a hill. Could it be Grimsby?
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 June 2007, 17:50:36 »

*cough* helford passage *cough*

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 June 2007, 17:52:58 »

Are you sure it's not Grimsby :-?

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 June 2007, 17:54:55 »

i'd be willing to bet money...

if i had any!

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 June 2007, 18:06:41 »

St Catherines Castle is up a path from Readymoney Cove. Don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with smuggling a few years ago.

Thats it ready Money Cove, thanks for that its been doing my head in :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 June 2007, 18:48:36 »

St Catherines Castle is up a path from Readymoney Cove. Don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with smuggling a few years ago.

;D ;D

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17 June 2007, 19:03:41 »

Glad to be of service :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #37 on: 17 June 2007, 20:06:41 »

Didn't notice that view from Fowey last time I went :o

Where is this?

is it helford passage?

Name that obvious?

Martin_1962

« Reply #38 on: 17 June 2007, 20:07:28 »

*cough* helford passage *cough*

Been there or found the pictures page?

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 June 2007, 20:14:28 »

I haven't been to that part of Cornwall yet!

I am going to take my Nan with us next May to St Ives so i have been looking on the net for a nice place... Want a static for a week though a bit more room for us all.
Anyone recommend any nice sites down there? :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 June 2007, 20:49:15 »

I haven't been to that part of Cornwall yet!

I am going to take my Nan with us next May to St Ives so i have been looking on the net for a nice place... Want a static for a week though a bit more room for us all.
Anyone recommend any nice sites down there? :y

We go to St Ives every year for two to three weeks. Prices are getting silly for cottages in the town, £600 - £700 per week for something decent, more if you want parking which is a real nightmare in the town itself. Last year drove in every day from home but often spent over an hour queuing for the carpark.

This year we have booked three weeks at Polmanter Touring and Camp Site which we have been to before and it is great but as you want a static have a look at this place http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=1480. I stayed there years ago and remember that it was great. You can see St Ives across the bay from here although it is a fair treck into St Ives.

You can get the train along one of the most beautiful train rides in the South of England and there is park and ride at Lelant Saltings station. Tickets are bought on the train if you don't take the car and if you are lucky the ticket collector won't get to you before you arrive in St Ives ::)

Other alternative is to park at St Ives Rugby Club and there is a bus that runs every 10 mins or so down to Porthmeor Beach which is next to The Tate Gallery. Probably the cheapest option would be to park in Tesco at Carbis Bay and get the bus in from there. We haven't done this but I often think it would be a good idea. It's only about a mile and a half from the town centre but it is severely uphill on the way back [smiley=tongue.gif]

For us the best beach is Porthgwidden. It's a bit out of the way but great with kids as you can see them all the time and they can just get on with it...

Hope you have a great time with your Nan. :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17 June 2007, 20:59:28 »

I stayed here (St Ives Bay) myself a few years back lovely site but the beach was a pain in the a**e..... We didn't know any better so drove into St Ives with the Rangey had to do 5 point turn to turn a left hand junction ;D so we drove out then caught the train in loads better.. :y
My Grandad died last October so she on her own now so thought it would be nice to take Nan :) but don't think she would manage to get down to that beach :(
« Last Edit: 17 June 2007, 21:05:15 by Loo-knee »

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17 June 2007, 21:03:43 »

That was the left hand junction to the 'Island CarPark' at Porthgwidden. That catches out most 4x4's :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17 June 2007, 21:06:09 »

15 years or so ago we went to the Haven site in Perenporth with our caravan. It was beautiful as we set up our awning etc, the kids were playing in the dunes behind us - wonderful. The following day and the next week after that it either rained or pi$$ed it down! :'( Wife & kids went down with a bug, it was just one of those holidays that we don't really talk about. Perenporth will always be remembered as Pi$$in' Perenporth! ;D

In a couple of weeks though my wife & I (no kids this time  ;) ) will be having another go in Cornwall in Helston - complete with caravan again!  :y

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 17 June 2007, 21:11:30 »

15 years or so ago we went to the Haven site in Perenporth with our caravan. It was beautiful as we set up our awning etc, the kids were playing in the dunes behind us - wonderful. The following day and the next week after that it either rained or pi$$ed it down! :'( Wife & kids went down with a bug, it was just one of those holidays that we don't really talk about. Perenporth will always be remembered as Pi$$in' Perenporth! ;D

In a couple of weeks though my wife & I (no kids this time  ;) ) will be having another go in Cornwall in Helston - complete with caravan again!  :y

We're taking our caravan to Pi$$in Perranporth next weekend and you've guessed it, we are going to the Haven site. Not sure if I'm looking forward to it as I've heard some less than good reviews. Anyway if it's cr&p we will leave early, it's only 30  mins home from there. Happy days.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.