Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 147089 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #1575 on: 01 April 2024, 12:03:12 »

With the screen, scuttle and dash out, that panel can theoretically be replaced, it's bonded into a channel in the firewall.

sigh ...... bulkhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The two terms aren't mutually exclusive.

no they're not... Americans have firewalls, wristpins, rocker panels etc etc etc ..... we have bulkheads, gudgeon pins & sills etc etc etc
Thank you for agreeing with me though ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 01 April 2024, 18:44:15 »

Horse boxes doing 30mph in a NS limit zone, and the slow driver behind it too afraid to overtake it, causing long tailbacks.
If the equestrian type can afford over £100K for a flash horse box, why can’t they afford a few ratchet straps to secure the horse in the back so they can drive a bit faster.   :)  ::)
« Last Edit: 01 April 2024, 18:55:56 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: 01 April 2024, 18:47:55 »

Horse boxes doing 30mph in a NS limit zone, and the slow coach driver behind it too afraid to overtake it, causing long tailbacks.
If the equestrian type can afford over £100K for a flash horse box, why can’t they afford a few ratchet straps to secure the horse in the back so they can drive a bit faster.   :)  ::)
nail the horses hoofs to the deck  ;)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: 01 April 2024, 18:49:22 »

Pissed cackling women in a pub with their feral kids running all over the place at the easter weekend! WTF is that all about? Three of us locals mentioned to them politely, and all we got back was abuse!! FFS..... >:( >:( >:( >:(
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: 01 April 2024, 19:40:38 »

Horse boxes doing 30mph in a NS limit zone, and the slow driver behind it too afraid to overtake it, causing long tailbacks.
When I'm following something that's travelling at, say, 40 in a 50, and I don't feel comfortable overtaking, I drop back from it to leave room for people to overtake me and then the vehicle in front of me.
But the tossers that inhabit the road these days don't understand that, and try to push me back towards the vehicle in front.
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: 01 April 2024, 20:16:54 »

When I'm following something that's travelling at, say, 40 in a 50, and I don't feel comfortable overtaking, I drop back from it to leave room for people to overtake me and then the vehicle in front of me.
But the tossers that inhabit the road these days don't understand that, and try to push me back towards the vehicle in front.

What you do is the polite and sensible thing to do.  :y  I was way back in the queue so no chance of me going for it, although my Mrs did say ‘don’t you dare’ when I inched out a couple of times.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: 01 April 2024, 22:12:30 »

Indicate, pin the throttle until you see God.
Laying a rubber road.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: 01 April 2024, 23:43:53 »

With the screen, scuttle and dash out, that panel can theoretically be replaced, it's bonded into a channel in the firewall.

no they're not... Americans have firewalls, wristpins, rocker panels etc etc etc ..... we have bulkheads, gudgeon pins & sills etc etc etc
I didnt want to correct you .... & just ignored your opps up

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: 02 April 2024, 06:34:08 »

I didnt want to correct you .... & just ignored your opps up
It wasn't mine. Just because someone uses a different word for something doesn't automatically make that word wrong.

Would you correct your wife if she had a ship visit and called the deckhead the ceiling or the sole the floor, forward the front and the stern the back, port left and starboard right?
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: 02 April 2024, 09:44:15 »

Horse boxes doing 30mph in a NS limit zone, and the slow coach driver behind it too afraid to overtake it, causing long tailbacks.
Make burgers from the pointless creatures.

Our local riding centre has taken to riding the horses through the housing estate, presumably because the fields are wet.  So every road is now like a dirty farm track, and if your do meet one, due to all the traffic calming, you have no chance to get by.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 02 April 2024, 10:28:15 »

Our local riding centre has taken to riding the horses through the housing estate, presumably because the fields are wet.  So every road is now like a dirty farm track, and if your do meet one, due to all the traffic calming, you have no chance to get by.

Plenty of free muck for the tomatoes though!  :y   ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: 02 April 2024, 12:14:59 »

Don't put it straight on though.  ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: 02 April 2024, 12:58:37 »

Don't put it straight on though.  ;)

No, but I read that you can put fresh manure in the bottom of your planter and as it rots it generates warmth which stimulates growth and you get nice big veggies.  :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: 02 April 2024, 16:23:11 »

No, but I read that you can put fresh manure in the bottom of your planter and as it rots it generates warmth which stimulates growth and you get nice big veggies.  :y
Tomato : a ripened flower ovary that contains seeds. AKA a fruit
Cucumbers are fruit too

Steaks, pork chops, bacon etc are NOT fruit and are OK to eat  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: 02 April 2024, 16:44:47 »

Tomato : a ripened flower ovary that contains seeds. AKA a fruit
Cucumbers are fruit too

Steaks, pork chops, bacon etc are NOT fruit and are OK to eat  ;D

Damn, I should have written nice big fruit and veggies to thwart the pedants!  ;D

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.