Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: H&R TRACK+ Hubcentric Spacers on the CATERA (50mm)  (Read 5637 times)

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • 2001 Cadillac Catera SPT
    • View Profile
H&R TRACK+ Hubcentric Spacers on the CATERA (50mm)
« on: 18 September 2007, 00:08:50 »

Well boys, its been a while here are a few shots to update you on the progress of my CATERA.  

I got sick and tired of watching the back end being all tucked in so here is what I did with it.. I ordered a 50mm Wide TRACK+ Kit from H&R and they came in today, I got around to installing them and here are the results, it looks bad ass and with some 245s it will look even better.
The spacers are for SAAB 9-3 and 9-5 and they fit perfect.  I will try to post some more pictures of them.

Enough talk here are the pictures.  

BEFORE

AFTER

The tires actually lign up with the fenders now, before there was about 1.5" distance from the outer side of the fender to the top edge of the tire, now that distance is cut in half.

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

« Last Edit: 18 September 2007, 00:14:14 by CateraMV6 »
2K1 - CCS //Mods: K&N, Steinmetz Cat-back, Port/polish intake system, 3.8BAR FPR, 3.2L Injectors, MAF, V8 Brakes, GTO Springs, 194RWHP.

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • View Profile
Re: H&R TRACK+ Hubcentric Spacers on the CATERA (5
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2007, 03:01:00 »

;)

Here are some extra pictures from the street.

2K1 - CCS //Mods: K&N, Steinmetz Cat-back, Port/polish intake system, 3.8BAR FPR, 3.2L Injectors, MAF, V8 Brakes, GTO Springs, 194RWHP.

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2007, 07:55:08 »

I love your car, although I have noticed that the steering wheel appears to be on the wrong side and she appears also to have a German licence plate. Apart from that she is perfect.  :y :y

Oh yes, and that looks like a nice neighbourhood.  :)
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2007, 10:24:24 »

They look great what a diffrents it makes, how much did they cost in $ and where did you get then from 8-)
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2007, 12:00:23 »

I love your car, although I have noticed that the steering wheel appears to be on the wrong side and she appears also to have a German licence plate. Apart from that she is perfect.  :y :y

Oh yes, and that looks like a nice neighbourhood.  :)

It is located in the States, hence the LHD, the lady that got it before me actualy custom ordered it from Germany directly through Cadillac as she wanted specific things on it, so it was made in germany and delivered on a boat down in FLORIDA, then it spend its life sitting in a garage, so when I got it it was damn near perfect and now 25,000mi later well its got quite a bit of wear and tear on it...

The plat is from germany but it matches my rear (AMERICAN) license plate, I love the way it looks with the Opel grille, also I got a set of badges that are going on one of these weekends, so she is going to be entirely converted to OPEL,
I paid 8000$ for her about a year ago, fully loaded with only 59K miles on the clock.  

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2007, 12:01:59 »

They look great what a diffrents it makes, how much did they cost in $ and where did you get then from 8-)

THe spacers I got from a website called AUTOSPORTSTYLE, and I am not sure where they are at but I paid 135$ American for them, I think they are cheaper over in germany but no one would dare to ship them from any of those companies.  

The quality is top notch, and the final result speaks for itself.  

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2007, 12:42:15 »

THe spacers I got from a website called AUTOSPORTSTYLE, and I am not sure where they are at but I paid 135$ American for them, I think they are cheaper over in germany but no one would dare to ship them from any of those companies.  

The quality is top notch, and the final result speaks for itself.  
Many Thanks, I'II do a wed search later today and I'II see what I can find on german websites :y
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 September 2007, 14:22:32 »

if only cars were so cheap over here!   ...oh, omegas are!

The plate is from germany but it matches my rear (AMERICAN) license plate...

I'm on the look out for german plates to go on mine (show plates of course, cos they're not street legal here) ebay sells the little "license" stickers for in between the digits :y

Dazzler

• Omega Baron
  • Haverhill, Suffolk
  • Drive it like you stole it......
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 September 2007, 15:52:33 »

Very nice indeed :y
Big jobbies now finished.....Now running on LPG

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2007, 18:45:14 »

You know, I've been watching the threads on these wheels and wasn't sure on how they looked.
I have to say now that I think they look absolutley fantastic and with the spacers fitted fill out the rear tubs just nicely.
Well done CMV6 your car is a credit to you. :y
I was in process of selecting 17" wheels for mine but now .... :-/

Don

CateraMV6

• Lake Orion MI, USA
  • 2001 CATERA SPORT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 September 2007, 12:32:53 »

Hey Don, I know what its like to be trying to pick a set of rims that fit just right and look great on there, I was skeptical about these too... but I couldnt pass the deal, all 4 rims with new tires for 160$ that is about the price of 1 new tire... so that is the only reason why I got them.

I think it will be easier for you to find them on your side of the pond... as Astras are way more common, in fact we dont even have them here yet, these were off a test car that was brought from europe.  
The positive side about them is the light weight, and the open spoke design, I guess that probably helps with the cooling fo the brakes a little better but any ways, the lightness of the wheels make the car feel much faster due to the lower rotational mass.. I can tell the difference as soon as I go back to the 5 spoke OEM 17s... they are about twice as heavy.

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 September 2007, 16:44:40 »

You know, I've been watching the threads on these wheels and wasn't sure on how they looked.
I have to say now that I think they look absolutley fantastic and with the spacers fitted fill out the rear tubs just nicely.
Don
Now I LOVE your car too 8-) I too wasn't sure about the wheels commenting previously that even at 18 inches, they struggled to fill out the omega's MASSIVE arches but now, they sit an absolute treat  :y That back end is PHAT!  ;D

What I think would look REALLY smart now is to lower it 30mm just enough to really complement the sleek looks. Not normally a fan of lowering but that would just finish it nicely. Go on......please!  ;)
« Last Edit: 23 September 2007, 16:45:00 by davlad22 »

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 September 2007, 16:51:02 »

very nice car!!!!!!!!!!!
Jamie
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate

Peetyz

• Dayton,Ohio  United States
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 October 2007, 23:51:07 »

Nice Catera/Mv6 I see you on the CateraForum all the time  ;D  Michigan huh? Im in Ohio I have got to get those spacers and some new rims but what to get i have a black on chrome 98 ?

JiMbOb789

• Omega Knight
  • Timaru, New Zealand
    • x4 Omegas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04 October 2007, 13:15:56 »

that is such a nice car dude, you are a lucky person!!!!
Jamie
2001 Omega MV6 Sedan, 2003 Omega 3.2 Manual Estate Ex Plod, 1998 Omega CD Sedan, 2002 Omega MV6 Estate
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.