Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Reference ECU 3.2  (Read 5937 times)

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
Re: Reference ECU 3.2
« Reply #15 on: 21 February 2021, 19:44:52 »

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=147704.0

Asked and answered in January... ???

I am asking for the reference of the ECU 3.2, nothing the same  ??? 

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 February 2021, 19:48:47 »

Here, it said that is from a Zafira

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-OPEL-VAUXHALL-ZAFIRA-ECU-0261206492-/324280997637

And here, too

https://www.ebay.es/itm/293858993440

Is this possible?

And I wouldn't go off the listing description of vehicle compatibity. If the Bosch part numbers  and Ident no. AB are correct, then I would ignore the info that it is for a Zafira. Many sellers may go off previous listings which themselves are incorrect.
I have bought a good number of new GM Omega parts off EBay that have been wrongly described ( for other Vauxhall models) but the part numbers / Bosch numbers being invaluable in establishing exactly what they were for.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 February 2021, 19:54:14 »

The reason for wanting to fit it hasn't changed, and nor has the advice. Namely just use the existing 2.6 one and save having to programme new immobiliser chips etc.

Of course, as Johhnydog has mentioned, if you want to go down that road, and know someone with Tech 2 who knows what they're doing with it, then a new ecu is a legitimate option. And that's in addition to purchase of the new 3.2 ecu.
« Last Edit: 21 February 2021, 19:57:23 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 February 2021, 20:10:12 »

Here, it said that is from a Zafira

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-OPEL-VAUXHALL-ZAFIRA-ECU-0261206492-/324280997637

And here, too

https://www.ebay.es/itm/293858993440

Is this possible?

And I wouldn't go off the listing description of vehicle compatibity. If the Bosch part numbers  and Ident no. AB are correct, then I would ignore the info that it is for a Zafira. Many sellers may go off previous listings which themselves are incorrect.
I have bought a good number of new GM Omega parts off EBay that have been wrongly described ( for other Vauxhall models) but the part numbers / Bosch numbers being invaluable in establishing exactly what they were for.

Ok, thanks!

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 February 2021, 20:14:39 »

The reason for wanting to fit it hasn't changed, and nor has the advice. Namely just use the existing 2.6 one and save having to programme new immobiliser chips etc.

Of course, as Johhnydog has mentioned, if you want to go down that road, and know someone with Tech 2 who knows what they're doing with it, then a new ecu is a legitimate option. And that's in addition to purchase of the new 3.2 ecu.

Yes, but I don't want to use the ECU 2.6, even though the engine works, it doesn't work for me.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 February 2021, 21:02:49 »

Changing it for changes sake makes no sense ???

So getting a new ecu just because the engine is physically a 3.2 and will need programming both to the car and to correct the gearbox is a waste of time and money when you already have an ecu that does all of that already

The 2.6 and 3.2 use the same injectors, throttle body, fuel pump, fuel rail and FPR... so the only reason to change it is to be able to say that you have a 3.2 ecu. Which looks, and works, exactly like the 2.6 one.  ::)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 February 2021, 21:34:30 »

maybe it's a spinal tap thing , the 3.2 ecu part number is 2 more  :D
with some stickers over the speedo face ,it could do 250 MPH "units" per hour  :o

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 February 2021, 21:35:29 »

Changing it for changes sake makes no sense ???

So getting a new ecu just because the engine is physically a 3.2 and will need programming both to the car and to correct the gearbox is a waste of time and money when you already have an ecu that does all of that already

The 2.6 and 3.2 use the same injectors, throttle body, fuel pump, fuel rail and FPR... so the only reason to change it is to be able to say that you have a 3.2 ecu. Which looks, and works, exactly like the 2.6 one.  ::)

No, don't work the same, if not, there wouldn't be two different ECUs. From what I have seen in other forums, those who have tried with the two ECUs, walk more with their engine. It's logical. If everything were so easy, it would not be necessary to remap the engine when you change parts.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 February 2021, 21:44:50 »

I have personally owned a factory 3.2 manual.

On that car, I have used both a 3.2 auto and 2.6 auto ecus, throttle body, fuel rail and wiring looms* in it with ZERO impact on performance or economy. Which is why whatever you are trying to achieve makes no sense to me.

I have also swapped the same ecus onto an auto 3.2 to locate a persistent misfire on that car (Pauls' last 3.2 iirc).

*I had a persistent misfire on a single cylinder that was eventually traced to a wiring loom fault.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 February 2021, 21:46:43 »

my home computer ran windows 7 but it now runs windows 10
the hardware is the same , just different software

the omega ecu will also run a vectra once configured  ,because of software changes  ;)
as for a Zafira , i'm not aware of any 3.2 V6 engined ones , so that ECU may not work .

part numbers are superseded constantly in car manufacture

but if you want a 3.2 ECU , get the transponder ring and chip and ECU as a kit  ,preferably from an estate if that's what it's going in .

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 February 2021, 21:48:10 »

the omega ecu will also run a vectra once configured  ,because of software changes  ;)
as for a Zafira , i'm not aware of any 3.2 V6 engined ones , so that ECU may not work .

but if you want a 3.2 ECU , get the transponder ring and chip and ECU as a kit  ,preferably from an estate if that's what it's going in .
And a manual one at that ;D

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 February 2021, 21:56:39 »

I have personally owned a factory 3.2 manual.

On that car, I have used both a 3.2 auto and 2.6 auto ecus, throttle body, fuel rail and wiring looms* in it with ZERO impact on performance or economy. Which is why whatever you are trying to achieve makes no sense to me.

I have also swapped the same ecus onto an auto 3.2 to locate a persistent misfire on that car (Pauls' last 3.2 iirc).

*I had a persistent misfire on a single cylinder that was eventually traced to a wiring loom fault.

600cc difference does not seem like a negligible amount for the control unit to execute it without any difference. However I have problems when it works on LPG, I am more calm using his ECU to rule out problems, it is an acceptable amount

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 February 2021, 21:59:06 »

You say it yourself, the software is different. Unless GM likes to make two identical ECUs with different references, who knows

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 February 2021, 22:14:04 »

The ecu learns the parameters. It controls the fuelling according to the metered air.

Correctly fitted lpg systems should be mapped to follow the petrol injectors using the petrol ecu MAF data.

It is possible that you might need slightly larger lpg injectors or to remap the lpg ecu, but nevertheless, the factory side is not a concern.

olm

• spain
    • 3.2 v6 sport estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 February 2021, 23:19:15 »

The ecu learns the parameters. It controls the fuelling according to the metered air.

Correctly fitted lpg systems should be mapped to follow the petrol injectors using the petrol ecu MAF data.

It is possible that you might need slightly larger lpg injectors or to remap the lpg ecu, but nevertheless, the factory side is not a concern.

Yes, ECU learn, but the performance is not the same. clit williams run with 1.8 ECU but don't runs equal, for example, and inyectors, sensors, etc are the same...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.