Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose speed sensitive  (Read 2950 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Bose speed sensitive
« Reply #15 on: 24 February 2008, 21:26:41 »

My 92 Senator used to have this.  :-? Easier to set too.  ;)
Radio was the only decent thing in that car.  Actually, the only part that didn't rust either ;)

& I thought you were going to say that the FM siganl failed on your
???4780!  ;)
I still say that my 24v Senator would beat my Omega hands/tyres down over all.  :-?  :y At least i can now get in my omega with out using both hands on the door handle.
Tunnie and I proved that a 3.0 Omega auto is quicker than a 24v senny....   ....its was teh poor power delivery on 24v that made it seem faster.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 February 2008, 23:56:33 »

Radio was the only decent thing in that car.  Actually, the only part that didn't rust either ;)

???4780!  ;)
I still say that my 24v Senator would beat my Omega hands/tyres down over all.  :-?  :y At least i can now get in my omega with out using both hands on the door handle.
Tunnie and I proved that a 3.0 Omega auto is quicker than a 24v senny....   ....its was teh poor power delivery on 24v that made it seem faster.

The figures for the two cars say than an Omega is quicker, but I still think the Senator was a better all round car! So, ner ner ne ner ner!  :P
« Last Edit: 24 February 2008, 23:57:25 by Andy_B »

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 February 2008, 06:58:02 »

???4780!  ;)

The figures for the two cars say than an Omega is quicker, but I still think the Senator was a better all round car! So, ner ner ne ner ner!  :P

I beg to differ, purely my own humble and personal opinion  :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 February 2008, 11:12:31 »

???4780!  ;)

Obviously we know the standard Omega has the legs on a standard Senator.  But the Omega's ride quality is better, handling better, lower noise (wind/road).
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 February 2008, 12:24:25 »

???4780!  ;)

Obviously we know the standard Omega has the legs on a standard Senator.  But the Omega's ride quality is better, handling better, lower noise (wind/road).

Well I have owned a 3.0 24v Omega & Senny.... (Omega does not have the multi-rams working yet!)

The problem is the Senator feels faster, i think it sounds nicer too.

The 4k Rpm launcher puts a big smile on your face, where as the delivery is much smoother (and less fun) in the V6.

The V6 is smoother though.... but not quite so good on the juice as the S6 i found.

Currently averaging 22mpg in the V6  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 February 2008, 12:38:54 »

???4780!  ;)

Well I have owned a 3.0 24v Omega & Senny.... (Omega does not have the multi-rams working yet!)

The problem is the Senator feels faster, i think it sounds nicer too.

The 4k Rpm launcher puts a big smile on your face, where as the delivery is much smoother (and less fun) in the V6.

The V6 is smoother though.... but not quite so good on the juice as the S6 i found.

Currently averaging 22mpg in the V6  ::)
You may get a 4k surge on Senator, but all it does is highlight how much power it doesn't have below 4k.

As to MPG, remember the estate - esp with all the crap you carry in it - will be heavier, and corners have to be taken a bit slower (so needs more booting to get back up to speed).  Also, your trip to Bicester daily is not really good for mpg - too short.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 February 2008, 17:36:11 »

My Senator was definately better on motion lotion than my 3.0 Elite around town. Even though I recently saw 32.? on the computer of the Omega I would say the the Senator was slightly better on the run too, certainly less revs for a given speed (Whatcar of the Senator's day said 29mph/1000rpm) I can't exactly remember the Omega's speed/revs but I know it revs higher for a given speed.
Anyway this is all subjective and purely personal opinion!!  :y  :y

(The Senator was the better car.............)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.