Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Well that was a day and a half!!! EEeejit bloody drivers!!!  (Read 2547 times)

Crazycarzowner

A tiny little bit of snow this morning and bloody hell!!! it was like the apocalypse!!!!! In work at 7am looked at the box 35..............35 I'll say it again 35 incidents for RTC's!!!!!! Why can't folks just be sensible, hold off the gas a little, brake a little gentler, have a bit of foresight????????????  >:( >:( >:( >:(

God help em if it REALLY bucketed it down with the white stuff!!!  ::) ::) ::) ::)

I've only just got in, not ate since 7am & literally inhaled sossgage, chips, steak pudding x2 peas & gravy! oh and a can of AMSTEL  :)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Well that was a day and a half!!! EEeejit bloody drivers!!!
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2016, 19:39:12 »

A tiny little bit of snow this morning and bloody hell!!! it was like the apocalypse!!!!! In work at 7am looked at the box 35..............35 I'll say it again 35 incidents for RTC's!!!!!! Why can't folks just be sensible, hold off the gas a little, brake a little gentler, have a bit of foresight????????????  >:( >:( >:( >:(

God help em if it REALLY bucketed it down with the white stuff!!!  ::) ::) ::) ::)

I watched a woman in an Audi come flying down the main estate road ..... not really fast, but too fast for the slutch as she approached the junction.

I've only just got in, not ate since 7am & literally inhaled sossgage, chips, steak pudding x2 peas & gravy! oh and a can of AMSTEL  :)
;D greedy bugger  ;D

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2016, 19:48:30 »

One written off car today was a 66 plate Audi Q5 S-line, £65k worth 9 days old, less than 1500 miles & he found out how good (or not) its 4wd was  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2016, 20:11:43 »

One written off car today was a 66 plate Audi Q5 S-line, £65k worth 9 days old, less than 1500 miles & he found out how good (or not) its 4wd was  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ooops  ::)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2016, 21:15:21 »

these people don't understand ok you have 4wd BUT the same rules apply when stopping....the car cannot defy the basic laws of physics
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2016, 22:30:51 »

M57 was a bit hairy this morning  :o
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 November 2016, 09:05:41 »

Full time 4x4  and suitable tyres and you have an advantage.

My rwd with winter tyres and decent TC will have more grip than any 'intelligent' awd fresh off the forecourt ::)

Recent events will require a 1,600 mile round trip at some point in the next couple of weeks and will probably be done in my car... and with little choice but the length of the A9, we will be going prepared.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 November 2016, 09:17:12 »

My rwd with winter tyres and decent TC will have more grip than any 'intelligent' awd fresh off the forecourt ::)

Recent events will require a 1,600 mile round trip at some point in the next couple of weeks and will probably be done in my car... and with little choice but the length of the A9, we will be going prepared.
4wd does nothing for braking or cornering, it just allows terminal velocity to be reached more quickly.

As you rightly say the tyres are far more significant.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 November 2016, 09:38:25 »

The A9 doesn't go to Aberdeen, there's been nothing to worry about, according to a mate who lives in Turriff. 
Be cheaper to fly would have thought.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 November 2016, 09:55:35 »

The A9 doesn't go to Aberdeen, there's been nothing to worry about, according to a mate who lives in Turriff. 
Be cheaper to fly would have thought.
Had been considering visiting for a while, but the logistics of getting to Orkney were not lost on me when he moved up there...

Fly to Aberdeen, then ferry to Orkney is the cheapest route for one person with no car.
Two+ people makes sense to drive with ferry from either Scrabster or John O'Groats... still cheaper than flying.
Flying to Kirkwall involves at least one connection and is typically £440 per person £350 of which is getting from the Scottish airport of choice to Kirkwall...
Onanists always think outside the box.

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 November 2016, 13:00:39 »

I am just waiting for all thr AWD Volvo XC models to end up in the hedges if the snow/ice comes our way.

They use the same Haldex system as VW, except VW specify a service interval and filter change for the Haldex, Volvo do not. Ergo..... the Haldex unit gives up, the car goes FWD only and then the inevitable happens when it gets slippery.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 November 2016, 13:21:01 »

and your 4x4 doesn't get you to where you're going any faster if the bloke in front isn't able to move

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 November 2016, 16:53:07 »

No No No

These modern thingimybob cars with their 4wd can go anywhere and do anything in exactly the same way that ABS can stop you from any speed in less than a car length :y  Sort of explains why all the twonks sit right up yer 'arris on a cold and frosty morning :) and every other bloody morning  >:( >:(
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 November 2016, 17:19:50 »

4x4 s are essential for every mum on a school run as it greatly assists bumping up the kerb to park on the path as close to the school gate as possible.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 November 2016, 21:00:50 »

I must admit, i enjoy the AWD scooby.  Despite my best efforts i have been unable to loose traction. Looking forward to the snow to see how it compares to RWD fun and games in the white stuff.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.