Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement Estate  (Read 17483 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Replacement Estate
« on: 12 March 2017, 16:51:25 »

SWMBO has I've decided that I am getting too long in the tooth to maintain my cars and am looking to replace my TD Estate with another largish petrol auto estate, and have come up with the Mondeo as a cheapish option with lots of legroom for the driver. I tried the XF Sportbrake but was not overly impressed with the stiff ride, legroom, or small load bay, I haven't driven a Mondeo yet, so would welcome any comments. I want a comfortable ride, largest engine avlbl, petrol, auto, and a large load bay to take 2 golf trolleys and bags. Used, but not more than 3 years old. Up to £20k. :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement Estate
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2017, 17:22:26 »

Here's a shortlist :y

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702212526307?body-type=Estate&sort=sponsored&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&radius=1501&make=VAUXHALL&transmission=Automatic&fuel-type=Petrol&postcode=sn82px&price-to=20000&price-from=10000&advertising-location=at_cars&page=2

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702222569603?make=VOLVO&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Petrol&postcode=sn82px&sort=sponsored&radius=1500&price-from=10000&price-to=20000&transmission=Automatic&body-type=Estate&page=1

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703083037359?sort=sponsored&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&transmission=Automatic&body-type=Estate&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2014&price-from=10000&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&postcode=sn82px&price-to=20000&page=1

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701030967267?price-from=10000&radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Petrol&price-to=20000&postcode=sn82px&advertising-location=at_cars&transmission=Automatic&body-type=Estate&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&sort=sponsored&year-from=2014&page=2

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610158796354?sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&make=TOYOTA&body-type=Estate&year-from=2014&radius=1500&price-from=10000&price-to=20000&postcode=sn82px&transmission=Automatic&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

A bit older, but worthy of consideration...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609278170816?sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&make=VAUXHALL&body-type=Estate&radius=1501&price-from=10000&price-to=20000&postcode=sn82px&transmission=Automatic&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

Haven't included any VW based cars as they've a very limited choice of petrol... Superbs really need more than a 1.4 lump :-X

My two personal recommendations are the Astra because it might surprise you and its local, second would be the higher mileage E Class with the memory seats.

The two runners up would be tother E class or the Insignia :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2017, 17:32:40 »

Here's a shortlist :y

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702212526307?body-type=Estate&sort=sponsored&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&radius=1501&make=VAUXHALL&transmission=Automatic&fuel-type=Petrol&postcode=sn82px&price-to=20000&price-from=10000&advertising-location=at_cars&page=2

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702222569603?make=VOLVO&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Petrol&postcode=sn82px&sort=sponsored&radius=1500&price-from=10000&price-to=20000&transmission=Automatic&body-type=Estate&page=1

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703083037359?sort=sponsored&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&transmission=Automatic&body-type=Estate&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2014&price-from=10000&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&postcode=sn82px&price-to=20000&page=1

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201701030967267?price-from=10000&radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Petrol&price-to=20000&postcode=sn82px&advertising-location=at_cars&transmission=Automatic&body-type=Estate&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&sort=sponsored&year-from=2014&page=2

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610158796354?sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&make=TOYOTA&body-type=Estate&year-from=2014&radius=1500&price-from=10000&price-to=20000&postcode=sn82px&transmission=Automatic&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

A bit older, but worthy of consideration...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609278170816?sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&make=VAUXHALL&body-type=Estate&radius=1501&price-from=10000&price-to=20000&postcode=sn82px&transmission=Automatic&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

Haven't included any VW based cars as they've a very limited choice of petrol... Superbs really need more than a 1.4 lump :-X

My two personal recommendations are the Astra because it might surprise youMy two personal recommendations are the Astra because it might surprise you and its local, second would be the higher mileage E Class with the memory seats.

The two runners up would be tother E class or the Insignia :y

had my company hack just under a year now(circa 40,000 mile) no major problems except routine maintenance and ample room
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2017, 17:35:38 »

SWMBO has I've decided that I am getting too long in the tooth to maintain my cars and am looking to replace my TD Estate with another largish petrol auto estate, and have come up with the Mondeo as a cheapish option with lots of legroom for the driver. I tried the XF Sportbrake but was not overly impressed with the stiff ride, legroom, or small load bay, I haven't driven a Mondeo yet, so would welcome any comments. I want a comfortable ride, largest engine avlbl, petrol, auto, and a large load bay to take 2 golf trolleys and bags. Used, but not more than 3 years old. Up to £20k. :y

Rear seat legroom in XF is poor. More of a 2 plus 2 unless the driver happens to be a midget.

Twenty inch wheels will made the ride less supple but still more comfortable than the Germans.

Did you try the diesel XF or one using 'proper fuel'?

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2017, 17:39:00 »

Thanks Al, I've already looked at Astra and Volvo, Astra too small for me, Volvo load bay & legroom too small, Avensis the same, E class a consideration, but higher mileage and older for the same price as an equivalent Mondeo, which scores highly on the legroom (I am 6'4½" tall with 36" inside leg!) and load space, and probably cheaper running costs servicing wise. Driven the Insignia, don't like the seats and legroom(or lack of), and again poor load bay.:y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2017, 17:44:03 »

Rear seat legroom in XF is poor. More of a 2 plus 2 unless the driver happens to be a midget.

Twenty inch wheels will made the ride less supple but still more comfortable than the Germans.

Did you try the diesel XF or one using 'proper fuel'?

It was diesel, had plenty of poke, but that is not my prime consideration,and in any case give the current climate of opinion against diesel, would not buy another one. I'm more interested in legroom, space in load bay, and a comfortable ride, and did I mention legroom? :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2017, 17:57:08 »

Thanks Al, I've already looked at Astra and Volvo, Astra too small for me, Volvo load bay & legroom too small, Avensis the same, E class a consideration, but higher mileage and older for the same price as an equivalent Mondeo, which scores highly on the legroom (I am 6'4½" tall with 36" inside leg!) and load space, and probably cheaper running costs servicing wise. Driven the Insignia, don't like the seats and legroom(or lack of), and again poor load bay.:y
Mercedes will be comparable to service and a much nicer place to be than the Ford. You can also cut the boot off the Mundeo and put it inside the E Class boot... 695 litres up to the window line in the Mercedes vs 525 litres in the Mondeo.

Using their ServiceCare Plan calculator... less than 15k a year is £35 per month for 3 years servicing. You can pay up front and costs £1260 for three services ;)

https://servicecarerates.mercedes-benz.co.uk/

Ford is £1780 for four services in three years.

http://www.ford.co.uk/BuyingandprotectingyourFord/ServiceandMaintenancePlans/ServicePlanPlus

I rest my case.

Lincs Robert

« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2017, 18:07:22 »

If going for an auto Mondeo (Powershift), then it's essential that the gearbox oil is changed every 35k IIRC, it's not a cheap fluid change either @ about £200 Ford prices! It's the same gearbox in either petrol or diesel cars.

The non dual clutch option is a conventional TC box which was fitted to the 2.2 Tdci on the Mk4.5, even though the rest of the range have the other box. Needless to say the TC box has no such requirement for fluid change on such a regular basis.

HTH - Rob

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2017, 18:10:45 »

Worth noting that the Mercedes service plan includes ALL scheduled items, not just engine servicing ;)

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 12 March 2017, 18:11:48 »

Worth noting that the Mercedes service plan includes ALL scheduled items, not just engine servicing ;)
When do you start you new job with MB, Al?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 March 2017, 18:16:54 »

When do you start you new job with MB, Al?
I don't  :P just making sure that myths and assumptions are well and truly put to bed ;)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 March 2017, 18:32:52 »

Ill look at the e class again, but was not that impressed with legroom in one i sat in. :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2017, 18:34:19 »

I found standard E Class seats poor, only liked AMG spec ones

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 March 2017, 18:35:22 »

Ill look at the e class again, but was not that impressed with legroom in one i sat in. :y
Hence the inclusion of the one with fully electric seats :y

I would have included the V70, but they don't have a retail petrol model on the later range :'(
« Last Edit: 12 March 2017, 18:41:02 by Doctor Gollum »

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 March 2017, 18:59:32 »

E63 AMG all day long  8)
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.