Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega Buyers Guide?  (Read 33379 times)

STEMO

Re: Omega Buyers Guide?
« Reply #180 on: 07 January 2017, 11:38:16 »

I was trying to explain to my son about the things that have changed since the internet came along. One point I made (same one I made earlier in this thread), is that people are incapable of ignoring a subject or conversation in which they have no interest. They can, if they wish, just leave a certain thread alone (bus thread springs to mind) and let the people who want to discuss there get on with it. But no.........they have to put their tuppence worth in.
If we take this to it's logical conclusion, this particular thread would have dried up long ago, as people stopped replying. It's actually the sniping which is keeping it alive.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 07 January 2017, 11:46:54 »

This is as much the OPs fault as contributers, as he seems to know exactly which buttons to press to garner such responses and from whom, further reinforcing the idea that this individual is on a wind up rather than a genuine newbie asking legitimate questions.

There are a handful of people here who have a knack for this...
Onanists always think outside the box.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 07 January 2017, 12:23:49 »

Here is my 2 penneth, I think that what most critics of the OP are saying is that the questions that he/she have asked have been answered and opinions given as to why they think this. The OP then proceeds to nitpick said advice and opinions in, sometimes, what could seen as a confrontational manner. I can understand the guy wants to find out as much as possible about the Omegas before buying one. It,s the same the world over, don,t pish off the people that are trying to help you.  :)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 07 January 2017, 12:37:12 »

Here is my 2 penneth, I think that what most critics of the OP are saying is that the questions that he/she have asked have been answered and opinions given as to why they think this. The OP then proceeds to nitpick said advice and opinions in, sometimes, what could seen as a confrontational manner. I can understand the guy wants to find out as much as possible about the Omegas before buying one. It,s the same the world over, don,t pish off the people that are trying to help you.  :)

Sorry but I disagree there, I don`t think I`ve ever found the OP confrontational in any post`s, he asks a lot of question and granted a lot of them are answered early in the thread but at the end of the day he is looking at all his options and just wants to be sure.

Any potential new members would probably be put off by some of the harsh comments by some on here.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 07 January 2017, 13:07:54 »

Sorry but I disagree there, I don`t think I`ve ever found the OP confrontational in any post`s, he asks a lot of question and granted a lot of them are answered early in the thread but at the end of the day he is looking at all his options and just wants to be sure.

Any potential new members would probably be put off by some of the harsh comments by some on here.

Thanks. I do try not to be confrontational, at least for the sake of it. But it is becoming harder and harder to keep restraint at the face of being called an idiot and other things, over and over.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 07 January 2017, 13:09:32 »

Ffs. We've now wandered off topic onto airbags, talk about, around the houses  :o.
When are we going to see this unicorn with its go faster carrot inserted fitted ::)
:-X

I hadn't seen biggriffin's post because he is one of the posters who is in my ignoring list in my profile settings. So I don't see his posts. I saw it now that Gollum quoted it.

But I wonder what sense of entitlement gives him the notion that he is the one who gets to choose what is on topic or off topic in somebody else's thread.  ::)

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 07 January 2017, 13:10:45 »

Gollum, I consider you alright because despite being obnoxious, you at least seem to have the intention to help, sometimes. And I'm not talking about only my threads. I'm talking about the way you post in the forums, in general. But really. You are talking nonsense and if you don't know it, I have no idea how you manage to write coherent posts sometimes.

The frustration stems from the fact that every single thing that is asked in new threads has been addressed repeatedly and in detail in previous threads.

Really? E-v-e-r-y single thing? In Detail?  ::) Please point me to the post in one of my other threads where retrofitting side airbags to a PFL car was addressed in detail for example? It wasn't! As wasn't many of the other details. A conversation is an evolution. It will evolve. And it may cross already touched points. Since it starts from there it will inevitably revisit it, at least partially. It's the process.

The questions have been raised and answered in plain English, so I don't think it's a language issue, more a comprehension one :-\

Does it look like English is a problem here? ::)

OP is very quick to nitpick on detail, yet all we are given to work with are words... not a single picture or link of any actual cars,

Do you really think I want to add one more layer of heckling to my threads? One more opportunity for clowning? Would you really assume I want to add an extra bait for even more nitpicking at what I want? You know, I as in I'm the one paying for it but people feel in the right to tell me what I want, or should want. Negative. I have no interest in doing that. No interest in feeding the hecklers.

which then raises suspicion as to the authenticity of the OP and what they're hoping to achieve.

I'm sorry to be so blunt. Quite honestly I'm getting sick of being restrained and looking at non-sense garbage like that. Anybody who thinks somebody putting so much effort like I do in my posts and so much time and have read my posts showing I'm trying to do my homework, anybody who still thinks I'm a wind up is a plain idiot! Daft! Dense! There, I said it! It's about time. I have been called an idiot here by you and others several times. So fair game. Anybody who thinks anybody would put so much effort on just trolling, that says more about this person thinking it than anybody else. 

That's why Ken left, he felt that somebody, somewhere was taking the piss (actively rather than banter) and he simply wasn't prepared to take it any more.

I can't say for sure why Nitro quit. He told me things. I just told him things back. He didn't like it. I don't want to talk about somebody behind his back. I already told him everything I wanted to say in my last post to him. I suggest to stop dropping names. I'm sure if he has anything to say he can say so himself. Stop bringing somebody else into things.
« Last Edit: 07 January 2017, 13:14:20 by anV6 »

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 07 January 2017, 13:15:10 »

I was trying to explain to my son about the things that have changed since the internet came along. One point I made (same one I made earlier in this thread), is that people are incapable of ignoring a subject or conversation in which they have no interest. They can, if they wish, just leave a certain thread alone (bus thread springs to mind) and let the people who want to discuss there get on with it. But no.........they have to put their tuppence worth in.
If we take this to it's logical conclusion, this particular thread would have dried up long ago, as people stopped replying. It's actually the sniping which is keeping it alive.

Exactly! It would be as easy as not posting, right? They just need to add me in their ignoring list in their profile settings. I would love that. Most of my threads get long because of all the heckling and whining. If you cut that out they would be shorter. I would love nothing more than for people who have nothing helpful to add to stop posting. I already asked that several times. It would be the adult way.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 07 January 2017, 13:17:02 »

This is as much the OPs fault as contributers, as he seems to know exactly which buttons to press to garner such responses and from whom, further reinforcing the idea that this individual is on a wind up rather than a genuine newbie asking legitimate questions.

There are a handful of people here who have a knack for this...

I don't know which buttons to press. Please stop presuming you know what people want or who they are. All I'm doing is trying to do my home work. Those who don't like it are welcome to just ignore the thread. I have said this several times and you see others are now saying the same thing. It would be the adult way.

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 07 January 2017, 13:21:08 »

The guy is trying to thoroughly research a subject before a potential considerable purchase.  Omegas may be throwaway cars here in the UK, but still carry price tag in other countries.

Why not cut the guy some slack? I'm not quite sure why some members are being so hostile - that's not what we're about here  >:(

You know. I just went through my 2 first threads again the other day and I have no idea what caused the hostility either.

Maybe it is because of my insistence in having a manual or nothing. Maybe some see this as an offense? Like if I was saying their automatics are no good or something? Of course this is not what I think, as just the other day I was saying how a late black 3.2 is among the best of Omegas one can have. I just prefer manual for myself. Nothing wrong with autos. Or maybe it's because I'm being so specific with what I want and some may see this as me saying what they have is not good enough? Again, non sense. But there are thin skinned people liked that.

But I don't know what was it that started the hostility. But the heckling borders on emotional sometimes. Hence why I suspect it has something to do with them getting offended about their cars or something. But I'm grasping for straws here to find a reason. I just never called anybody any names or purposely insulted anybody. But there is a lot of truth to the saying "haters are going to hate". I just wish it didn't bring the threads so out of whack as it does. It makes it harder for those who want to help to actually post. Although sometimes it looks like this is exactly the hecklers strategy.

The irony is, I've been told to do research and have been even criticized for supposedly not doing enough research. But I'm here trying to do exactly that. Trying to do my homework. And I'm being criticized for being too specific or too throughout. Go figure. ::)

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 07 January 2017, 13:21:32 »

The guy is trying to thoroughly research a subject before a potential considerable purchase.  Omegas may be throwaway cars here in the UK, but still carry price tag in other countries.

Why not cut the guy some slack? I'm not quite sure why some members are being so hostile - that's not what we're about here  >:(

I agree,he's doing no harm at all and is amazingly thick skinned unlike some others here ::)

Cheers! :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 07 January 2017, 13:30:08 »

anV6, slightly off topic ;) how is the actual search going?

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 07 January 2017, 16:15:50 »

Well, it's going.  :)

The silly unicorn jokes are just a little exaggerated. But not by much. ;D

In all seriousness, it is not that they don't exist. They do and I have come across quite a few 3.0 manuals and several 2.5 petrol manuals. It's just that the manuals seem to be the most abused. All the lower mileage in good nick ones are automatic. I guess that's probably not surprising. Actually the 4 cylinder ones seem to be the easiest to find in good nick. And I'm not even being strict as to whether it's a PFL, MFL or FL. I'm looking at all 3.0 manuals I can locate.

I will be driving another car this week which looks promising. Let's see.  ;)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 07 January 2017, 17:53:49 »

The silly unicorn jokes are just a little exaggerated. But not by much. ;D

In all seriousness, it is not that they don't exist. They do and I have come across quite a few 3.0 manuals and several 2.5 petrol manuals. It's just that the manuals seem to be the most abused. All the lower mileage in good nick ones are automatic. I guess that's probably not surprising. Actually the 4 cylinder ones seem to be the easiest to find in good nick. And I'm not even being strict as to whether it's a PFL, MFL or FL. I'm looking at all 3.0 manuals I can locate.

I will be driving another car this week which looks promising. Let's see;)

Good luck, hope you find the elusive manual car  :y

I know this has been mooted before but if manual 4 pots in good condition are easier to find then you could always bung a Saab turbo lump in for a easy 300bhp  ;) just won`t have the V6 soundtrack ;D

anV6

• Intermediate Member
    • Opel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 07 January 2017, 18:08:30 »

The silly unicorn jokes are just a little exaggerated. But not by much.  :y

I will be driving another car this week which looks promising. Let's see;)

Good luck, hope you find the elusive manual car  :y

I know this has been mooted before but if manual 4 pots in good condition are easier to find then you could always bung a Saab turbo lump in for a easy 300bhp  ;) just won`t have the V6 soundtrack ;D

Thanks. Takes a lot of patience. ;D

Yeah, 300bhp sounds nice. But the V6 soundtrack is what's seducing me.  :y

I had turbos before. Quite a few actually. I was never a fan. Modern turbos are different. Almost no leg and behave quite different. Don't know how the Saab is though. But I just fancy myself a 6 cylinders.  ;)
« Last Edit: 07 January 2017, 18:10:11 by anV6 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.