Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prefacelift to facelift  (Read 899 times)

GEDFORDM6

• Cleveland
    • View Profile
Prefacelift to facelift
« on: 24 November 2010, 19:58:19 »

Hi all, I have had a good look through the topics but cant find info on changing to facelift. I have a 1995 3l Elite saloon which is getting tatty around the edges but great mechanically. I have just got a facelift estate with a knackered head and was thinking of upgrading my old model with bonnet,wings bumper and doors and headlights. Im not sure about back doors as I havnt had the cars next to eachother. Any tips or info most grateful.Thanks Ged. :)

vauxfan2k

• Omega Knight
  • Western Isles
    • View Profile
Re: Prefacelift to facelift
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2010, 20:02:48 »

rear doors are different,  front bumper lights and trims under lights wil fit but you will have to use the facelift bonnet, the door strips are swapable with some effort, but the rear bumper wont fit, so you will end up with a rather wierd looking cross breed.

better to fix the f/l engine or break it, and use money to tidy up your old one if thats what you want  :)

mrgreen

• Salzburg/austria
    • 2000 2.2 petrol estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2010, 23:08:09 »

personally i like the pre facelift but that's taste as vauxfan says easier to do the engine than faff around with trying to align body panels
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2010, 23:15:58 »

personally i like the pre facelift but that's taste as vauxfan says easier to do the engine than faff around with trying to align body panels

Agreed...... :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 November 2010, 23:17:15 »

Hi all, I have had a good look through the topics but cant find info on changing to facelift. I have a 1995 3l Elite saloon which is getting tatty around the edges but great mechanically. I have just got a facelift estate with a knackered head and was thinking of upgrading my old model with bonnet,wings bumper and doors and headlights. Im not sure about back doors as I havnt had the cars next to eachother. Any tips or info most grateful.Thanks Ged. :)

Ged whats up with the Head?? :)
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

GEDFORDM6

• Cleveland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 November 2010, 23:49:53 »

Hi,Im not into estates but bought the car for £150. Still taxed and tested. The guy I bought it off said the head gasket had gone so he had it done and said it sounded rough and not the same so deci :)ded to sell it for spares.
The master cylinder is missing and he said he had removed the transponder,a bit of the key and the ECU.So I reckon its better to break it,not much call for a 2L estate.Cheers Ged :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.