Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: carlton gsi f/s.  (Read 3792 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: carlton gsi f/s.
« Reply #15 on: 30 November 2012, 01:09:48 »

......... Whatever happened to the old half-crown?.

Got some of those knocking about, as well as an 1889 Victorian Crown (5 shillings/25p for the youngsters  :-X)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 November 2012, 10:48:10 »

it is a good example tbh lizzie, total rebuild & spray. get ya purse out.  :D

The last time Lizzie opened her purse she had a couple of tanners and a ten bob note in it.  ;D ;D ;) :-* :-*

£.0 s.11 d.0  that is going some :D :D :D  didn't you just hate those sums...... :D :D :D

55 new pence. :y Whatever happened to the old half-crown?.

Used to get one of those a week pocket money..... :y :y

You're lucky, Andy. All I received was a threepenny bit and a clip round the ear. ;D ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #17 on: 30 November 2012, 12:19:39 »

The last time Lizzie opened her purse she had a couple of tanners and a ten bob note in it.  ;D ;D ;) :-* :-*

£.0 s.11 d.0  that is going some :D :D :D  didn't you just hate those sums...... :D :D :D

You're lucky, Andy. All I received was a threepenny bit and a clip round the ear. ;D ;D ;D ;)

I have not only still got a few half-crowns, two shillings, shillings, sixpences, silver Joey's, thrupennies, half pennies, and farthings, but I have my most treasured coin, a Victorian third of a farthing (no! I never knew a third of a farthing in circulation, but I remember using all of the others in my time). :D :D :D ;)

I also regularly work in old money to bring myself to ground, to remind myself of the true value of money.

By the way Vamps Opti's two tanners and a ten bob note would be expressed as 11s 0d.          (not £.0 s.11 d.0)  You are just showing how young you are......I know!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The 11s 0d would now be expressed, if possible without the 1/2p coin, as just 4 1/2p. Now that was one of the tricks of decimalisation (15th February, 1971 which I remember well as we were teaching retail staff teams to convert £.s.d. to £. p.); the 11d priced product suddenly became 5p
which in old money was 1 shilling!.  Instant inflation over night! ::) ::) :D :D
« Last Edit: 30 November 2012, 12:23:56 by Lizzie Zoom »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2012, 12:49:54 »

I have not only still got a few half-crowns, two shillings, shillings, sixpences, silver Joey's, thrupennies, half pennies, and farthings, but I have my most treasured coin, a Victorian third of a farthing (no! I never knew a third of a farthing in circulation, but I remember using all of the others in my time). :D :D :D ;)

I also regularly work in old money to bring myself to ground, to remind myself of the true value of money.

By the way Vamps Opti's two tanners and a ten bob note would be expressed as 11s 0d.          (not £.0 s.11 d.0)  You are just showing how young you are......I know!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The 11s 0d would now be expressed, if possible without the 1/2p coin, as just 4 1/2p. Now that was one of the tricks of decimalisation (15th February, 1971 which I remember well as we were teaching retail staff teams to convert £.s.d. to £. p.); the 11d priced product suddenly became 5p
which in old money was 1 shilling!.  Instant inflation over night! ::) ::) :D :D

I wish your slight typo was true ... but alas... 'tis not .. :(

:D :D :D :D :D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #19 on: 30 November 2012, 12:51:24 »

I wish your slight typo was true ... but alas... 'tis not .. :(

:D :D :D :D :D

Whata mistake to make; typing too fast Entwood!!

Yes I should have stated it "The 11s 0d would now be expressedas just 55p."

Thanks for pointing that out :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 30 November 2012, 12:53:38 by Lizzie Zoom »

omega3000

« Reply #20 on: 30 November 2012, 13:04:19 »

Not got a clue what all that means  ::) , too young  :P

Anyway about this carlton  ::) Looks and sounds like a sorted car , maybe one for opti  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 November 2012, 13:08:17 »

Lizzie, your knowledge of the old money is impressive. Was the groat still legal tender when you were a girl?..... ;) :-* :-* :-*

Just asking. ::) ::) :-* :-*

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #22 on: 30 November 2012, 13:16:43 »

Lizzie, your knowledge of the old money is impressive. Was the groat still legal tender when you were a girl?..... ;) :-* :-* :-*

Cheeky sod! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 November 2012, 15:40:45 »

...........would that be a yes or a no, Lizzie?.  ::) ::) ::) :-* :-* :-*

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #24 on: 30 November 2012, 15:42:13 »

...........would that be a yes or a no, Lizzie?.  ::) ::) ::) :-* :-* :-*

Not saying........... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 November 2012, 20:56:21 »

By the way Vamps Opti's two tanners and a ten bob note would be expressed as 11s 0d.           (not £.0 s.11 d.0)  You are just showing how young you are......I know!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not quite true LZ, but I was refering to lsd anyway......... it would have been 11/-   :y :y

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 November 2012, 21:35:23 »

Anyway about this carlton  ::) Looks and sounds like a sorted car , maybe one for opti  ;D
an old mans car you mean.  :D

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 November 2012, 23:40:00 »

an old mans car you mean.  :D

;D ;D ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #28 on: 01 December 2012, 20:24:51 »

If Opti does buy it, you can guarantee Mrs Opti will get an Omega for Christmas ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01 December 2012, 20:47:51 »

Opti could afford the Carlton and the new kitchen for Mrs Opti! Everyone's happy!!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.