Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cat Tax Online  (Read 6464 times)

omega3000

Cat Tax Online
« on: 05 February 2013, 16:17:09 »

I sent for it and will be 5 days ago , still not arrived  >:( Last time i use that service as i thought it would be here next day  >:(

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
Re: Cat Tax Online
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2013, 16:18:55 »

Never taxed a cat online before  :o

Car tax on lines usually arrives within 5 days from my experience :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 05 February 2013, 16:22:41 »

Apparently its illegal to use your car after 5 days into the month , even if you have paid for it online and its not arrived  >:( I have important medical appointments and need the use of the car and no other way of getting there so not happy  :(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 February 2013, 16:29:58 »

..... as i thought it would be here next day  >:(

I don't think they've ever said it would be.

If it's paid for, & it runs on from the disc in your car AFAIK you're within the law  :-\ .......  :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 February 2013, 16:30:29 »

5 working days is what they usually quote

ted_one

« Reply #5 on: 05 February 2013, 16:34:05 »

Stuff em! they've got your money,use your car,it can take a few days...don't worry :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #6 on: 05 February 2013, 16:35:08 »

..... as i thought it would be here next day  >:(

I don't think they've ever said it would be.

If it's paid for, & it runs on from the disc in your car AFAIK you're within the law  :-\ .......  :-\

No its illegal not to display a valid tax disc after 5 days from start of start of month after expiry of old - quote from a police web site -

"However when you apply for a tax disc online or by using the DVLA phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives."

Hope that clarifies  ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

aaronjb

« Reply #7 on: 05 February 2013, 16:39:13 »

Yup, from the DVLA website:

3. A change in legislation from 1 September 2008 will provide for a five-day period of grace from the requirement to display a tax disc only where that disc is purchased online, by phone or by post. This will apply to the first 5 working days of the month in which the disc commences and will only apply where the vehicle is continuously licensed.

So "working days" would make it the 7th of February..

Oh, it also says:
If the tax disc has not arrived after 5 working days, please phone DVLA between 8.00am to 8.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am to 5.30pm Saturdays on 0300 123 4321. When you make the call, please have the reference number available and choose option 4 then option 1.

So far, personally, I've never had a problem - they always turn up in 1-3 working days, but I've never left it till the last day of the month just in case (I don't trust the postal system or DVLA that much!)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #8 on: 05 February 2013, 16:41:00 »

For two years now I have used the online service and I have found it to be  spot on!  The tax disc always arrived within the 5 days specified, but I always order it a week before the old one is due to expire.

That way you shouldn't have problems. ;) ;)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 February 2013, 16:57:02 »

I've never had an issue either :-\ :-\

This isn't on a new (to you) car by any chance? ???

Just wondering if it has been processed before the change of log book and therefore sent to the old address :-\ :-\ Although that shouldn't happen as they check insurance :-\ :-\
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

ted_one

« Reply #10 on: 05 February 2013, 17:26:06 »

If there's any problems let me know and I'll get SWMBO to take your points for you ::)

albitz

« Reply #11 on: 05 February 2013, 17:41:54 »

;D ;D ;D :y

omega3000

« Reply #12 on: 05 February 2013, 17:56:38 »

Stuff em! they've got your money,use your car,it can take a few days...don't worry :y

:y

I cant see what the problem is , ive paid for it and if i get stopped i can prove ive paid for it . So why give only 5 days grace  >:( Anyway it should have been here by now so as far as im concerned im legal , no mix up with log book as i already had that before i sent off for the tax  ;)
Ok i left it a bit late but within the given days they said it would arrive , it would take some nasty police man to punish me for not having the new disc even though ive shelled out for it  :-\

Simon.rose1

• Walsall
    • Omega 2.5v6 cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 February 2013, 18:35:01 »

But was the tax reminder sent to you or you just relaxed it as old one ran out if you haven't had the car that long it could still be sent to old address so I'd check with previous owner if its been sent to them as can take up to 6 months for database to be corrected

OOMV6

« Reply #14 on: 05 February 2013, 18:52:14 »

I cant see what the problem is , ive paid for it and if i get stopped i can prove ive paid for it . So why give only 5 days grace  >:( Anyway it should have been here by now so as far as im concerned im legal , no mix up with log book as i already had that before i sent off for the tax  ;)
Ok i left it a bit late but within the given days they said it would arrive , it would take some nasty police man to punish me for not having the new disc even though ive shelled out for it  :-\

There lies the problem then.

omega3000

« Reply #15 on: 05 February 2013, 18:52:49 »

Online application was filled in with new V5 details with my address , at no point does it say it will be sent to previous owner  ??? There is option to fill in the application without reminder sent , i never had a reminder as i only had the car 3 weeks before it was due . Car is in my name and all correct with insurance so i should be on the data base no ? Especially as they sent the V5 to my address 2 weeks before tax was due .

omega3000

« Reply #16 on: 05 February 2013, 18:54:46 »

There lies the problem then.

Nope . I sent it within the 5 day tollerence .

omega3000

« Reply #17 on: 05 February 2013, 19:02:12 »

It would be exactly the same as if i went to the post office , they would still process it the same way with new V5 details and document number and address . If they have sent it to previous owner i put that down to their fault as they have been given the correct address with new V5 reference number when it was applied for  >:(

Simon.rose1

• Walsall
    • Omega 2.5v6 cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 February 2013, 19:04:02 »

The database won't have been changed that quick and it does state on the online form not to apply unless you have received the reminder through the post I would contact the previous owner

STMO123

« Reply #19 on: 05 February 2013, 19:04:50 »

I renewed mine online today, 23 days before expiry. If you leave it till the last minute, you may have to sweat a bit. ;D

STMO123

« Reply #20 on: 05 February 2013, 19:08:05 »

There's always a queue at my local post office on the last day of the month, can't understand it myself.

When you tax online, you always receive a confirmation email. There is a phone number in it to ring if it doesn't turn up......so ring it.

omega3000

« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2013, 19:09:30 »

Quote from the online application .

Does the V5C registration certificate hold your current address? Please note, this service cannot change your address.

V5 was in my name and i had it before application .

STMO123

« Reply #22 on: 05 February 2013, 19:10:07 »

Does the V5C registration certificate hold your current address? Please note, this service cannot change your address.

Ring the number.

Simon.rose1

• Walsall
    • Omega 2.5v6 cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 February 2013, 19:10:50 »

I have not received the tax disc. What should I do?
If the tax disc has not arrived after 5 working days, please phone DVLA between 8.00am to 8.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am to 5.30pm Saturdays on 0300 123 4321. When you make the call, please have the reference number available and choose option 4 then option 1.
back to start of page
I have not received the tax disc. Can I use the vehicle without the tax disc displayed?
When you apply for a tax disc online or by using DVLA's phone service you are able to legally continue to drive your vehicle for up to 5 days after the tax disc has expired while you wait for the new tax disc to arrive. This will only apply when you have applied for a new tax disc before the current one expires. You should continue to display the expired disc on your vehicle, until the new one arrives.
back to start of page

omega3000

« Reply #24 on: 05 February 2013, 19:12:45 »

Ring the number.

Ill do more than ring them if they #ecked up  ;D :y

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 February 2013, 19:17:12 »

I genuinely wouldn't give a shite. Just taxed a BMW that's been on sorn for 6 months and driven it from the minute they took my money online. If a copper really has nothing better to do then its a bloody safe world out there.
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

omega3000

« Reply #26 on: 05 February 2013, 19:22:51 »

I genuinely wouldn't give a shite. Just taxed a BMW that's been on sorn for 6 months and driven it from the minute they took my money online. If a copper really has nothing better to do then its a bloody safe world out there.

Sods law ill get stopped but hey ho ive payed my wonga  :y

STMO123

« Reply #27 on: 05 February 2013, 19:23:23 »

Yes. But you're a scally.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 February 2013, 19:31:58 »

So were you until you were ran out of dodge for the nun incident
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STMO123

« Reply #29 on: 05 February 2013, 19:35:31 »

Those nuns. Fickin troublemakers.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 05 February 2013, 19:41:50 »

It was your fault, you got into the habit

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 February 2013, 19:50:35 »

back on topic ....   :)

Two totally separate pieces of legislation and two totally separate offences possible....

1) Failing to have actually taxed the car - "Failure to Pay Road Duty" - max fine £1000 or 5 times the annual fee

2) Failure to display a current tax disc - "Failure to Display" - Max fine £200

More info here .. http://www.motordefenceteam.co.uk/offence-guide/No-Road-Tax.htm

You are clear on the first if you have the email receipt or on screen print out

You are guilty of the second if you drive without it in the car or if it is in the car and has fallen on the floor !!!

Days of grace is 5 WORKING days  .. so on what day/date did you complete the on-line application ?

STMO123

« Reply #32 on: 05 February 2013, 19:54:34 »

It was your fault, you got into the habit
Yeah..........but they were bending over in front of that altar thingy......very provocative.
Unfortunately, the judge didn't agree.....but he was more into the choirboys. I believe he made one of them hit 'top C'. ;D

STMO123

« Reply #33 on: 05 February 2013, 19:56:35 »

Two totally separate pieces of legislation and two totally separate offences possible....

1) Failing to have actually taxed the car - "Failure to Pay Road Duty" - max fine £1000 or 5 times the annual fee

2) Failure to display a current tax disc - "Failure to Display" - Max fine £200

More info here .. http://www.motordefenceteam.co.uk/offence-guide/No-Road-Tax.htm

You are clear on the first if you have the email receipt or on screen print out

You are guilty of the second if you drive without it in the car or if it is in the car and has fallen on the floor !!!

Days of grace is 5 WORKING days  .. so on what day/date did you complete the on-line application ?
Nah. We've finished with that now, Nige. It's nuns on the run for us. ;D

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05 February 2013, 19:59:22 »

As per the post from nige. Two separate and distinct offences not having and fail to display. You can have one and fail to display and so are nickable.

That said, you can't get nicked for failing to display what you don't have - but you have applied for and paid for a disc, it's just not caught up with you yet.  ;)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #35 on: 05 February 2013, 20:29:49 »

Just don't get stopped mate :y
Pugs an ideal car to outrun the law  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05 February 2013, 23:33:28 »

I genuinely wouldn't give a shite. Just taxed a BMW that's been on sorn for 6 months and driven it from the minute they took my money online.
+1 Matey!  :y :y ive paid for it, now whats happening at the DVLA office Freck knows  :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06 February 2013, 00:14:02 »

I genuinely wouldn't give a shite. Just taxed a BMW that's been on sorn for 6 months and driven it from the minute they took my money online.
+1 Matey!  :y :y ive paid for it, now whats happening at the DVLA office Freck knows  :y
+2, always use online, if it don't catch up the tough; never had a problem though.... :y

Simon.rose1

• Walsall
    • Omega 2.5v6 cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 February 2013, 00:19:13 »

Took 3 days for our insurance payment to show on the insurance database and looks like I going to get done or failing to sorn he car as forgot to reborn it after signing over to my son

omega3000

« Reply #39 on: 06 February 2013, 13:59:29 »

Postie dropped it into the box this morning  :) With a few bills of course  :(

Brikhead

• Omega Knight
  • West-Mids.
  • Sleeping. Do not disturb.
    • 2003 chitroen Saxo
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06 February 2013, 14:09:35 »

I once had a job working for Amtrak delivering parcels, they used to expect us to deliver live pigeons in small cardboard boxes, this was in amongst the other 80 odd regular deliveries (mostly chunks of metal as in and around the black country area), but we were always paid a nice little 'pigeon tax', is that similar?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.