Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: landrover dico help  (Read 4228 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: landrover dico help
« Reply #30 on: 19 April 2013, 21:53:56 »

Never had one "break" that's the point I was getting over  Land Rover still can't get it right after all the years they have been going.

rikki_essex

• essex
    • 2L gls estate with lpg 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 April 2013, 23:14:37 »

Also make sure all the door locks work as my td5 cost me £500 to sort out a week after i bought it. Also the injector harness has a few problems with oil so read up on that. This is a very good website for all the fixes http://www.discovery2.co.uk/
regards Rik

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24 April 2013, 02:31:24 »

thanks everyone so basically what we are saying is going to be expensive :'( :'(

any suggestions or should i stick with looking at a disco

What about a Nissan X-Trail ... 2.2 Dci ... I'm told ... is the one to go for? :-\
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 April 2013, 07:53:52 »

never really liked the look of those.

Wifey really wants me to get a pick up live the navvara but no good for my work, how on earth she thinks she will park it especially reverse is another matter altogether :o ::)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 24 April 2013, 10:53:43 »

Reversing?  That's what towbars are for.

Parking by Braille!   ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 24 April 2013, 11:13:41 »

thats exactly what wifey says about bumpers :o :o

but ok thats fine providing say you hit the garden wall with said bumper and go oh dear silly me ive hit something, i will apply the brake and stop  , mm thats the big pedal on the left :y

or you could off course hit lets say the garden wall and say oh dear silly me i will use the accelerator and this big round steering thingy to drive myself off the wall, now lets see i am going in reverse so that means i turn the wheel this way, oops silly me wrong way, it will be ok in a minute, just a little bit further, m little bit more, nearly there, oh just a tiny bit further, see all finished told you it would work, see silly it is but a scratch and most off its on the bumper. Now i f i had gone forward i might have pulled the bumper off :y :o :o

Oh look I am a dolly doughnut ha ha you cant get out with that wall so close to your door, hold on i will move the car forward. No No its ok dear i will get out your side see i can quite easily slide over the gear stick and handbrake :) :)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24 April 2013, 22:04:10 »

thanks everyone so basically what we are saying is going to be expensive :'( :'(

any suggestions or should i stick with looking at a disco

What about a Nissan X-Trail ... 2.2 Dci ... I'm told ... is the one to go for? :-\

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD Merc engine and auto box, loads of torque and can go pretty well if you want to..... :y :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 25 April 2013, 22:00:10 »

My mate drove a TD5 Auto to Cape Town!  :y

The gearbox kakked itself in Ethiopia and he ended up having to ship one from Blighty which cost him dearly!!!  ::) 
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

belldarr

« Reply #38 on: 27 April 2013, 07:34:28 »

Have you considered a Ford Explorer? I have had 3 of them - A certain Top Gear presenter called it a "hot rod" in his review of 4x4's back in 1999 as it was American and the fastest 4x4 at the time.  It also has a huge load area and self levelling suspension and lots of spares available. Petrol is around 22mpg and ideal for Multi point LPG conversion.  Was America's best selling 4x4 for years.

Dodgy parts are timing chain guides wear but most will have been done by now and handbrake is rubbish as this was added for the UK market to convert a foot brake set up to handbrake as the yanks didn't think we would like it - but all are auto gearbox's anyway.

Darren
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.