Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: VX Dealer support  (Read 5063 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: VX Dealer support
« Reply #15 on: 23 January 2017, 20:28:21 »

Stevens Vauxhall in Horsham used to be fantastic,  Crawley less so... Frosts in Chichester ok if you spoke to the right person, but now no longer a Vauxhall dealer...

Local parts garage now is Go and not had much sense from them over the phone, although I have never physically visited it, which might improve the relationship :-\

Anything I need and can wait for generally comes from Picador in Lyndhurst as it's about a minutes walk from a very nice pub 8)
Onanists always think outside the box.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 January 2017, 20:35:08 »

Stockton are brilliant most of the time. Parts wise at least - I have had several discussions with the service manager regarding him being an incompetent lackwit...
 I'm slightly biased with Darlo (since I'm marrying one of the service advisers...) - so won't comment good or bad (in case she reads this...)
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 January 2017, 07:52:04 »

Would be good to hear AndyC ,s tak on this discusion. Over to you sir.....

Keith ABS

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 24 January 2017, 08:18:17 »

I imagine the problem is the soft fleshy things you have to deal with; humans come in all forms from giant Jeremy Hunts to Mother Theresa.. if you get the latter you'll have a good experience, the former a bad one.  There seem to be ever more of the former and fewer of the latter as the years go on..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 January 2017, 08:25:12 »

It was Skurrays I was praising above (now Eden, since the owner of the 3 Skurrays branches sold up due to demands of Vauxhall).  Just shows, depends on the mentality of the staff.  I'm lucky that the parts guy is good, and have dealt with each other for several years, as he was at Bridge in Banbury when they did TC.

Is that Langford Lane?
Always found the parts guy really helpful there.
Yup
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 January 2017, 08:27:47 »

Sadly the new dealer in Mk is no better
Not even been in there, despite the fact I work in Bletchley.
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 January 2017, 08:33:11 »

in the last five years they seem to be staffed by petulant children who are only capable of selling you Irmscher dust caps............and are certainly totally inept when it comes to operating EPC!
Is that around the time the last parts person retired ::)

Not far off, there were a few staff members who remained for a period after but, since they have left its gone to poo.........even the service staff now use EPC and instruct them what to order.   ??? :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 January 2017, 08:40:06 »

in the last five years they seem to be staffed by petulant children who are only capable of selling you Irmscher dust caps............and are certainly totally inept when it comes to operating EPC!
Is that around the time the last parts person retired ::)

Not far off, there were a few staff members who remained for a period after but, since they have left its gone to poo.........even the service staff now use EPC and instruct them what to order.   ??? :-\
I do try to make it easy for my chap by supplying part numbers when I can (saves me time on the phone as well - he can quote the proces straight away, without having to constantly flick between EPC and the invoicing system).  But I know I can mostly rely on him to get me the right part if I just give him the description.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 January 2017, 09:46:43 »

I had 2 dealers nearby, Arlingtons of Waltham Cross and Browns of Loughton, both within 4 miles of me, the Loughton Parts Man was very helpfull, Trade or Club prices which ever was the cheaper, sadly both have gone now. :(

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 January 2017, 18:52:58 »

The present parts staff at my local dealer[Wilsons]are very good and I've had no problems dealing with them.What the servicing side is like I don't know as I've never used them for that.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 January 2017, 19:19:36 »

My local dealer was Skurrays.....

Waste of space....My 2.2 went there 8 times for them not to change the cam sensor!
On the last time the service manager even told me a blatant lie that they had changed it! and refused to further look at the problem unless the lpg system was completely removed.....yeah right like that was going to happen!
After that I went to see TB who correctly diagnosed the cam sensor.....sensor changed by my local back street garage and working again as it should!

Skurrays have disappeared now.....good! Branches are now called 'Now Vauxhall' I think ..... I hope Skurrays went bankrupt!  :)

I can't speak for Skurray's service dept. as I've only used them for MOT's (in Marlborough), but I have always had excellent service and help from their Swindon parts dept in the 18 years since I bought my TD, and they still do TC, or did a few months ago. 'Now Vauxhall'  have lost the plot, in Marlborough anyway, as their admin is appalling. :(

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 January 2017, 17:27:59 »

I know the dealer in MK is a stones throw from magma park.
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 January 2017, 18:03:15 »

I know the dealer in MK is a stones throw from magma park.
Yeah, on the Wavendon roundabout :).
Grumpy old man

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 January 2017, 18:11:43 »

I have been using Perrys Vauxhall in Preston for the last 12 years or so for all my genuine VX parts, and to be fair the majority of parts I get for my Omegas are genuine VX - the service I get from their parts department is excellent. They will research any of my requests for obscure parts, and let me know immediately whether they are available that day through their own network, or if overnight from Luton, or within 2-3 days from Germany. They also have sourced genuine parts from various VX warehouses in Spain and other European VX storage facilities.
I have spent a small fortune over the years, and they give me TC discount everytime which helps. Their staff are all very friendly and many of them have been there for a good number of years which speaks volumes in itself. I know them all by name, which helps when I ring up, and as I have said, I have nothing but praise for them.
In their service department, there are only now 3 technicians that appear to have experience of technical issues with the Omega. They are helpful when it comes to giving me info about any job. The majority of their younger technicians however don't know the front end from the back end of an Omega, which I guess is understandable but it makes you question their individual competence if faced with a complex job. They probably don't see any Omegas these days going through their workshops anyway.
I have no connection with Perry Vauxhall at Preston, by the way, just a long standing satisfied customer of their parts department!
Irrespective of whether you are a regular customer or an infrequent one, there is no excuse for incompetent or poor service however.
« Last Edit: 25 January 2017, 18:15:20 by johnnydog »
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 January 2017, 22:44:03 »

Evans Halshaw have all the Vauxhall dealerships around here, Wass`s were great and had a good parts team until that shower of sh1te took over, The dealers around a mile from me were incompetent before Evans Halshaws took over so it goes without saying I`ve never been in there since.

I had the misfortune to have the Nemo serviced two years ago (Evans Halshaw also have the Shitroen dealership), not an experience I want to repeat as they weren`t going to release my van until payment had been made, but this had been done two hours prior to me going to collect it by the companies plant manager, I was all ready to drag the service manager over the counter due to his attitude as he wasn`t checking the correct account and telling me I would have to get a taxi home  >:(

It also turned out that they hadn`t fitted the pollen filter correctly, which was found by another dealership after I kept getting a water leak in the passenger footwell, bunch of incompetent baffoons  >:(
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.