Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ford Focus buying advice please......  (Read 3402 times)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
Re: Ford Focus buying advice please......
« Reply #30 on: 08 January 2012, 18:52:04 »

at least with the focus it won't have the stupid indicators an astra has :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 January 2012, 18:53:54 »

at least with the focus it won't have the stupid indicators an astra has :y
OP states 2008 Focus. Focus has had lane changing indicators since about 2005 ;)

They are a PITA if you are not used to them, and then you miss them when you get a car that doesn't have them.  Bit like rain sensing wipers ;D
Grumpy old man

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 January 2012, 20:12:55 »

It was also too small (bearing in mind our other car at the time, a Rover 1.6 25 (which we still have), had a far bigger boot (though less headroom for rear passengers). The Rover was faster, managed corners, and could stop. And was far better specced, and was more reliable.

Interesting what perception is. Rover 25 boot volume 300L vs focus 385L. Even the older focus had nearly 360L of boot space. My focus had a smaller boot due to the bigger fuel tank and yet there was very little I couldn't get into it.

The rear seats in a 25 are very comfortable if you are a midget. In the focus you can actually get real people in.

Personally I would rather get syphilis than be seen driving about in a Rover 25.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

omega3000

« Reply #33 on: 08 January 2012, 20:19:58 »

Personally I would rather get syphilis than be seen driving about in a Rover 25.
;D ;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 January 2012, 20:35:49 »

My better half has a 54 plate 1.8 petrol. It's quite a nice car apart from where someone did a hit 'n' run on the passenger wing mirror  >:( however, gives me an excuse to break out the tool kit  ;D

TB, you mentioned the cutting out. She has just started getting that with her Focus. Looking on the web (and what knowledge I've gathered from here) it appears that it's most likely the IACV that's clogged. However, I just want to make sure I get the location right before I have it off and clean it for her.

Is it here as per the following pic?.....

RIP Paul Lovejoy

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 January 2012, 20:39:43 »

;D ;D

I was just laughing at that myself  ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 January 2012, 22:11:58 »

Well thank you for your comments. We got a call from Master Vamps today, so ended up going into town, he has bought well I have paid for, a 58 1.6 ex mobility Ford Focus, looks rather neat and from a main dealer, the Astra is going in as PX, they checked it out but never drive it..... :-X

Need to sort out the insurance and he should get it on Thursday, I got a bottle of whisky and a thank you card, bless him.... :) :) :)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 January 2012, 22:52:23 »

well done - and hope it all works out for him.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09 January 2012, 17:27:51 »

It was also too small (bearing in mind our other car at the time, a Rover 1.6 25 (which we still have), had a far bigger boot (though less headroom for rear passengers). The Rover was faster, managed corners, and could stop. And was far better specced, and was more reliable.

Interesting what perception is. Rover 25 boot volume 300L vs focus 385L. Even the older focus had nearly 360L of boot space. My focus had a smaller boot due to the bigger fuel tank and yet there was very little I couldn't get into it.

The rear seats in a 25 are very comfortable if you are a midget. In the focus you can actually get real people in.

Who cares on other people's perceptions, I mean, my other car is an Omega ;D

Having owned a Rover 25 1.6 and a Ford Focus 1.6 at the same time, I can assure you the Rover is quicker, both acceleration and in top end than the Ford, the Rover doesn't cry off when you show it a corner, and the Rover can stop quicker and straighter than the Focus (only once or twice, as the Rover easily cooks its brakes).

Boot space, don't much care what the books say, we couldn't easily fit a weeks shopping in the Focus, and had to go home to get the Rover when we bought a dishwasher, as it wouldn't fit in the Focus.  Golf clubs had to go across back seat, but would fit in boot of the Rover. We couldn't go camping with the Ford, always had to take the Rover. It was too small to be of any use whatsoever.

But, as said, far better passenger headroom in the Ford (not helped by the Rover having a sunroof).

Our Focus was a truely horrible car, and I hoped I'd never, ever have to drive another. Sadly I did. Equally horrible.

I'm always happy to take the Rover anywhere, we've had it for 115k/12yrs, which is about 1 HGF in K series terms ;D. Hope there is still a few more years in her yet :).  I wouldn't mine betting the Focus (51 plate, handed back to leasing co in Jan 2004 with about 50k on it) has long since been turned into baked bean cans...

Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.