Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunlife Insurance  (Read 2277 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Sunlife Insurance
« Reply #15 on: 16 October 2021, 18:49:16 »

Or you can live to 90 and still only get two grand. Which is somewhat less of a deal. :(
Again, you're missing the point. If you, or the ones you leave behind, can't afford a funeral, this takes away that worry should you die. If you live till 90, you will have paid in more than you get out, but that's a chance you take for peace of mind.
I took out a Sun Life plan about 14 years ago. It will take another 10 or so years until I'm out of pocket. I'm not hoping to die before then so I can feel pleased with myself that I didn't get conned.  ::)

I'm surprised you have a break even point of 24 years. Because most people drop dead well before then  meaning the company will lose money on the majority of policies. ???

4-7 years is more the norm.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 October 2021, 18:54:52 »

If you know you are on the way out then buy a policy.

If you expect to live more than a few years then  don't.

Both my parents had a policy. From memory the total payout was around £2500......the amount paid in premiums about four or five times that. :-\
Nonsense.

Just like a fruit machine the company wins far more times than it loses. This is how they stay in business.

Some people will 'get lucky' but the majority won't.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 October 2021, 18:56:42 »

Both my parents had a policy. From memory the total payout was around £2500......the amount paid in premiums about four or five times that. :-\
Nonsense.

Just like a fruit machine the company wins far more times than it loses. This is how they stay in business.

Get lucky by dying, ffs  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The amount I pay each month means it will take 19.7 years before they make a profit from me. You tight bastard.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 October 2021, 19:03:56 »

Nonsense.

The amount I pay each month means it will take 19.7 years before they make a profit from me. You tight bastard.

It was 24 years a minute ago. :D

Either.....you did well to get such a good deal :y.......or you are crap at maths. ;D

There is a reason why these over 50 scams are pushed so vigorously. They  make lots of money for the company.

Personally I think there are better ways to invest money.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 October 2021, 19:22:25 »

Nonsense.

Either.....you did well to get such a good deal :y.......or you are crap at maths. ;D

There is a reason why these over 50 scams are pushed so vigorously. They  make lots of money for the company.

I did a quick guesstimate before, the above figure is accurate. They make their money from investing what you give them, not necessarily from you. Tight bastard.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 October 2021, 19:32:43 »

We've had two pay out for two funerals in the last two years  brother in law & the wife's cousin both died before 60 years of age & neither left provisions for the costs which amounted to around  £10,000 for both & that wasn't being extravagant admittedly both were in the London area . Nobody else in the family offered any financial help towards this we have just been reimbursed for the second one ( wife's cousin) so provision for a funeral is a good idea I believe.
« Last Edit: 16 October 2021, 19:34:18 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 October 2021, 19:50:18 »

Nonsense.

I did a quick guesstimate before, the above figure is accurate. They make their money from investing what you give them, not necessarily from you. Tight bastard.

I don't have the time or inclination to bandy words with gobby scouse centenarians. :)

If it works for you, I'm pleased. :-* :-* :-*

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 October 2021, 23:29:30 »

We've had two pay out for two funerals in the last two years  brother in law & the wife's cousin both died before 60 years of age & neither left provisions for the costs which amounted to around  £10,000 for both & that wasn't being extravagant admittedly both were in the London area . Nobody else in the family offered any financial help towards this we have just been reimbursed for the second one ( wife's cousin) so provision for a funeral is a good idea I believe.
A couple of grand won't touch the sides then...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 October 2021, 23:40:14 »

Yep you're lucky to get much change from £4-5000 for even a simple funeral these days.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 October 2021, 07:49:52 »

Save a bit by choosing cardboard coffins which we will have, as did my mother.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 October 2021, 10:03:59 »

Save a bit by choosing cardboard coffins which we will have, as did my mother.
And hope it doesn't rain as your being carried from hearse to service.  ;D
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 October 2021, 10:39:01 »

how much is a roll of black dustbin liner bags these days  :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 October 2021, 10:47:28 »

how much is a roll of black dustbin liner bags these days  :-\
You should know, builders fly tip enough of them  ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 October 2021, 11:54:46 »

It will with my funeral plan.
Have my carcass sent off to be burnt. If anyone wants the ashes for some strange reason, they can go and collect them from the Crem.
Shouldnt cost more than a couple of grand.
Having attended numerous funerals, from my friend when I was 10 years old * to my Dads six years ago, I fail to see the point of them, other than income for undertakers and an excuse for a good piss up.

* In the good old Irish tradition, this included waiting in line to have a look at him in his coffin, which was a tad traumatic for a ten year old kid
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 October 2021, 13:18:59 »

It will with my funeral plan.
Have my carcass sent off to be burnt. If anyone wants the ashes for some strange reason, they can go and collect them from the Crem.
Shouldnt cost more than a couple of grand.
Having attended numerous funerals, from my friend when I was 10 years old * to my Dads six years ago, I fail to see the point of them, other than income for undertakers and an excuse for a good piss up.

* In the good old Irish tradition, this included waiting in line to have a look at him in his coffin, which was a tad traumatic for a ten year old kid

These days many people prefer not to see loved ones after death. Dead people rarely look like they do on TV. It's a personal choice with no right or wrong answer.

Personally, I do.

Both my parents.......both Mrs Opti's parents......plus my older brother, a couple of years ago.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.