Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snow button  (Read 485 times)

jim351

• Bognor Regis, West Sussex
    • View Profile
Snow button
« on: 19 December 2010, 23:27:49 »

I just wanted to comment on how my Omega did in the snow, i had to drive to Kent on Sat afternoon to see my girlfriends family, you no the usual xmas prezzy exchange trip! anyway i live just outside Portsmouth and in the morning we had about 4-5 inches it soon stopped and thought what the heck lets go, the main roads would be fine, well they were for a while but getting into Kent it started getting abit bleak, we set off about 1.30 lunchtime and got to Herne Bay about 8.15pm! we clocked about 140 miles getting there and i will say my car performed amazingly!! the snow button and TC worked really well, there was one part in Faversham that we did struggle but a very very kind passer by that was helping other by pushing cars up a steep hill gave me a gentle push just near the top and we was away, just before that my bargin of a Omega was getting up the hill quite well just as a 58 plate Merc S class was going backwards down the hill with both wheels spinning! lol  ;D i had never really used the winter button before and can honestly say i wouldnt of been able to do the trip without it! i love my Omega and can honestly say its all the car i need, also it returned 34mpg too!  :y

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Snow button
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2010, 10:28:32 »

Yep, the snow button certainly does help. I had to use it all the way to work this morning (around 22 miles) and temp was -13.5C at one point! :o
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2010, 10:37:26 »

I just wanted to comment on how my Omega did in the snow, i had to drive to Kent on Sat afternoon to see my girlfriends family, you no the usual xmas prezzy exchange trip! anyway i live just outside Portsmouth and in the morning we had about 4-5 inches it soon stopped and thought what the heck lets go, the main roads would be fine, well they were for a while but getting into Kent it started getting abit bleak, we set off about 1.30 lunchtime and got to Herne Bay about 8.15pm! we clocked about 140 miles getting there and i will say my car performed amazingly!! the snow button and TC worked really well, there was one part in Faversham that we did struggle but a very very kind passer by that was helping other by pushing cars up a steep hill gave me a gentle push just near the top and we was away, just before that my bargin of a Omega was getting up the hill quite well just as a 58 plate Merc S class was going backwards down the hill with both wheels spinning! lol  ;D i had never really used the winter button before and can honestly say i wouldnt of been able to do the trip without it! i love my Omega and can honestly say its all the car i need, also it returned 34mpg too!  :y
;D ;Dwas it the car going bacwards or was the driver a bit backwards ;D ;D

djac

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2001/Y Omega 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2010, 12:46:06 »

Had my first real problem with my Omega in the snow on Saturday.

It was when leaving a hotel car park, the approach to the exit was uphill and the snow was 3-4 inches deep and fresh.

I suppose I just didn't have enough momentum as I started losing traction half-way to the exit. I tried winter mode, TC off and on, dropping the tyre pressures. No go.

Even if I had made it to the gate I think I would have got stuck there as I would have had to stop to check for traffic, and there was a gully running across the exit road where it joins the main road, and I would have had front or rear wheels in that.

I managed to turn around and find another exit.  :y
« Last Edit: 20 December 2010, 12:46:23 by djac »

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2010, 12:59:18 »

i have to say putting a volvo and an omega together on snow/ice volvo wins everytime..omega i have to say are shocking on snow(brilliant everywhere else) and before anyone asks yes my tyres have at least 6 mm of tread :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.