Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vectra Clutch Change and other info needed  (Read 792 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Vectra Clutch Change and other info needed
« on: 18 August 2007, 03:04:19 »

Right, I think it's likely to need doing, so I've decided to bite the bullet and change the Veccy Clutch Kit and rear oil seal

It's loosing a lot of oil, (not all through the camcover) - so I reckon the crank seal may have gone, hence the clutch judder - I guess it has a right to after 200+k miles!

Please could anyone with access to the relevent systems answer the following?

* Car is a 2001 51 plate VectraB, Reg no MJ51 XVH if you need it. What is the P/N for the clutch kit and how much should it cost me?

* Also - P/N for the rear seal, and it's cost

* Is it worth going genuine GM, or can I use a pattern clutch kit?

* Anything in particular I need to check on the flywheel, apart from wear on the friction surface?

* What is the method of seperating the engine and box - driveshafts out, and remove the entire engine and box together, seperate the gearbox, do clutch and then join and refit as one unit? Or can the box be pulled away with the engine in-situ, or dropped a bit? The Box looks big and heavy, clearances don't look great.

When this little lot is done, I'll clean up the drivers side of the engine spotless, and do the front crank seal, cambelt+waterpump, I should be good to go then. Cam seals were done with head rebuild, so that should be all major seals.

Oh, and while I'm ont he subject - how much would a new aircon condensor cost, and the best place to get one?

Cheers

« Last Edit: 18 August 2007, 03:05:52 by JamesV6CDX »

Taxi_Driver

Re: Vectra Clutch Change and other info needed
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2007, 09:09:40 »

The Book says

Clutch kit.....

x1.8xe1.z1.8xe.z1.8xel from 11162842/17080725 p/n 93185871 £169.76+vat TC price

Dunno on the other bits tho  :(

On the subject of the aircon.....are you sure the condensor is holed? If so....

New condensor on my omega......fitted regassed/pag oil and dye cost me £325......so your probably looking at about the same......i had a non gen vx condensor fitted as it was about £100 cheaper even with trade discount at vx dealer.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2007, 09:23:59 »

On the g/b......it can deffo be taken out without removing the engine......ive seen it done  :y

When it had a replacement box fitted.....twice  ;D

1st replacement box the garage got was the wrong one......it looked identical on the outside.....but the hydraulics were different inside the box and wouldnt fit.....

2nd one was correct type.....

Tho they did have the vectra up in the air and used what i can only describe as a extra long bottle jack to lift the g/b the required approx 6ft into postion.

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2007, 09:25:54 »

local factors do a brand new condensor for £105+vat ,your obviously capable of fitting it yourself,then bring it to me for regassing for cost of gas £10.00.oil leaking from rear seal rarely contaminates  the  clutch as basically there is a  flywheel in the way, more likely to be gearbox first motion shaft seal if  any oil is present on  the clutch

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2007, 09:31:03 »

local factors do a brand new condensor for £105+vat ,your obviously capable of fitting it yourself,then bring it to me for regassing for cost of gas £10.00.oil leaking from rear seal rarely contaminates  the  clutch as basically there is a  flywheel in the way, more likely to be gearbox first motion shaft seal if  any oil is present on  the clutch

Thats about £120......about what mine cost.......vx stealer wanted £220+vat even with trade discount.

Weds

• Chatham, Kent
  • My other hobby
    • Mercedes E class 350 CDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2007, 10:05:51 »

Ain't progress a funny thing.

I remember changing a clutch on the Cavalier in about 30mins, no need to remove the gearbox it was all done by having a sliding first motion shaft which allowed the clutch and pressure plate to drop out from underneath the gearbox.

Dead simple and made a clutch change easy.

I wonder why they stopped it..

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.