Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.8 V6 Turbo vs LPG  (Read 1084 times)

05omegav6

2.8 V6 Turbo vs LPG
« on: 21 November 2013, 21:38:35 »

Can the 2.8 v6 turbo lump run on lpg readily enough :-\

Would a KME Gold vapouriser be man enough, or would two Silvers be better, one for each bank :-\

RobseyMV6

• west sussex
    • View Profile
Re: 2.8 V6 Turbo vs LPG
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2013, 21:42:03 »

Why not vxr8?

I know lpg has been fitted to many turbo car's "V6" but what the running out come is i don't know....

Worth phoning lpg now it all's?

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2013, 21:43:23 »

Can the 2.8 v6 turbo lump run on lpg readily enough :-\

Would a KME Gold vapouriser be man enough, or would two Silvers be better, one for each bank :-\
Kme gold will work,iirc, to 300bhp but need to check the specs. The injectors in the "omega PAC" that we are used to won't cope. But there's plenty that will.

No idea how the lpg system will cope with a turbo. But theirs a turbo setting in the Stag software so I guess its doable. :)

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 November 2013, 21:43:38 »

Not my field at all, but I remember reading one time on the VXR forum that it doesn't seem to be that successful. Maybe I'm wrong though  :-\ And maybe that was just referring to that particular lump?

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 21 November 2013, 21:46:04 »

Not my field at all, but I remember reading one time on the VXR forum that it doesn't seem to be that successful. Maybe I'm wrong though  :-\ And maybe that was just referring to that particular lump?

May well be so on that forum. But Holden now factory fit lpg to order in Aus.

There are kits that cope with 400 bhp for sure. But at that price range I'd go for Prins which isn't cheap. :o

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 21 November 2013, 21:46:22 »

Stock is 325bhp btw :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 November 2013, 23:57:08 »

I'd have to look into it a bit more but iirc you would need a vap designed for turbo engines :-\
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2013, 00:23:48 »

Hadn't considered that... had presumed that the turbo took care of the air, and the vaporisers supplied enough gas to keep the injectors meeting the demand :-\

Rustled this up...

http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/Turbo.html

Could the Stag 300+ therefore be suitable  :-\
« Last Edit: 22 November 2013, 00:26:43 by ex taxi al »

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2013, 00:30:54 »

I'd have to look into it a bit more but iirc you would need a vap designed for turbo engines :-\

Where have you come from, should you not be out there with Dazzle creating problems for the Admin?........ :D :D :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2013, 09:32:52 »

Hadn't considered that... had presumed that the turbo took care of the air, and the vaporisers supplied enough gas to keep the injectors meeting the demand :-\

Rustled this up...

http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/Turbo.html

Could the Stag 300+ therefore be suitable  :-\

The vapouriser regulates vapour pressure relative to manifold vacuum / pressure so that shouldn't be an issue as long as the vaporiser is capable of providing enough flow. The thing is, the power ratings quoted for vapourisers are optimistic for a naturally aspirated setup, in my opinion. For a turbo setup the vapouriser is called on to deliver the vapour at a much higher pressure and a turbo engine will probably want to run richer at full power anyway, so I'd forget the rating on the vapouriser and got for a pair of KME golds, one per bank.

Not sure I'd trust a Stag on that. Pretty much all our Stag installs have some sort of minor running issue and they only just keep the fuelling within the tolerances required to keep the Omega's engine ECU happy. On a more modern engine with the added complication of forced induction it could get tricky. Then again, I have seen nothing to suggest that any of the "premium" LPG kits are any better. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.