Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3062807 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #26100 on: 05 February 2024, 21:19:57 »

And that’s in Ireland 😱
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26101 on: 06 February 2024, 15:49:05 »

And rightfully so too, fuc£ing bastards want 200.000 cows culled FFS
That'll get Greta all excited
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26102 on: 06 February 2024, 16:44:48 »

She needs putting down
Laying a rubber road.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26103 on: 06 February 2024, 18:12:42 »

Ordered a roll of sound deadening for the Austin, bloody expensive!!

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #26104 on: 07 February 2024, 08:18:21 »

Range Rover going into my indi today, got a brake fluid leak on rear offside, glad I noticed it before towing the tin tent.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26105 on: 08 February 2024, 10:03:05 »

Range Rover going into my indi today, got a brake fluid leak on rear offside, glad I noticed it before towing the tin tent.
Know where the leak is from, ie, caliper, flex hose or rigid pipework?
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26106 on: 08 February 2024, 11:37:43 »

Picked up Range Rover this morning, all 4 rear flexi pipes replaced (inner & caliper) + link pipes all up to scratch now., cause of problem rear flexi pipes had disconnected itself from rear link line due to corrosion.👍
« Last Edit: 08 February 2024, 11:51:13 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26107 on: 08 February 2024, 11:46:09 »

MoT wasn't that long ago was it :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26108 on: 08 February 2024, 12:05:02 »

Picked up Range Rover this morning, all 4 rear flexi pipes replaced (inner & caliper) + link pipes all up to scratch now., cause of problem rear flexi pipes had disconnected itself from rear link line due to corrosion.👍
Whilst the bits are new, might be would applying some anticorrsion treatment to the metal parts of new flexis, given the amount of salt we have thrown on the road.  Save cleaning them up later to do :y
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26109 on: 08 February 2024, 12:15:04 »

Whilst the bits are new, might be would applying some anticorrsion treatment to the metal parts of new flexis, given the amount of salt we have thrown on the road.  Save cleaning them up later to do :y

Yes will do , the roads around here have been gritted well but certainly don't do vehicles any favours.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26110 on: 09 February 2024, 14:32:08 »

Took the Range Rover into my local tyre supplier this morning, up on the ramps & rust protection applied, I'm too old now to lay under cars..👍

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #26111 on: 09 February 2024, 17:54:32 »

Rust proofing underbody components is a good preventative measure, but depending on the anti rust substance used and the diligence of the person applying it, the protection of metal parts is a good idea in principle, but some anti rust waxed based products, whilst great on metal parts, are harmful to rubber components if carelessly applied and can cause rubber bushes / hoses etc to degrade and become like jelly.
But I presume your man does know what he is doing :y
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26112 on: 10 February 2024, 08:22:53 »

Rust proofing underbody components is a good preventative measure, but depending on the anti rust substance used and the diligence of the person applying it, the protection of metal parts is a good idea in principle, but some anti rust waxed based products, whilst great on metal parts, are harmful to rubber components if carelessly applied and can cause rubber bushes / hoses etc to degrade and become like jelly.
But I presume your man does know what he is doing :y

Yes no problems with that he did my Hyundai & has also done our Subaru so no worries there 👍

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26113 on: 11 February 2024, 22:58:33 »

Got it wet.  ::)  A lot of roads out our way are flooded so the highway’s people have put traffic lights either side of each flood to allow traffic in both directions to have a chance at going through the shallow bit without some tool coming the other way.  ::)
I have first hand experience of one of the floods, as I completely drowned my Dad’s brand new car in it many many years ago. This particular flood (road currently closed) has, within the last few days, completely eaten a 4x4 and a Transit van. You can just about see the van roof level with the water  ;D  It’s a dip under a railway bridge and *steered well clear of* by locals at the merest hint of rain.

I am local but I was young and unaware that it flooded so bad back then.  ;D  There is a shallow end which starts at just inches deep and gradually rises to over seven feet deep over a distance of approximately two hundred yards, and a deep end from the ridge which puts you straight in the deep end. The graded end gives you some warning as it gets deeper gradually, whereas the deep end is instantly deep.
Guess which end I went in.  :-[  ;D 
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26114 on: 12 February 2024, 06:43:46 »

Got it wet.  ::)  A lot of roads out our way are flooded so the highway’s people have put traffic lights either side of each flood to allow traffic in both directions to have a chance at going through the shallow bit without some tool coming the other way.  ::)
I have first hand experience of one of the floods, as I completely drowned my Dad’s brand new car in it many many years ago. This particular flood (road currently closed) has, within the last few days, completely eaten a 4x4 and a Transit van. You can just about see the van roof level with the water  ;D  It’s a dip under a railway bridge and *steered well clear of* by locals at the merest hint of rain.

I am local but I was young and unaware that it flooded so bad back then.  ;D  There is a shallow end which starts at just inches deep and gradually rises to over seven feet deep over a distance of approximately two hundred yards, and a deep end from the ridge which puts you straight in the deep end. The graded end gives you some warning as it gets deeper gradually, whereas the deep end is instantly deep.
Guess which end I went in.  :-[  ;D
At least you got out

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12452701/Liverpool-flood-deaths-Horrified-witness-describes-scenes-like-burst-dam-footage-shows-waterlogged-road-two-people-Mercedes-died.html
Diesel till I die

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.