Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B Spec Omega  (Read 1467 times)

Blue

• Bournemouth
    • Omega
    • View Profile
B Spec Omega
« on: 01 May 2015, 04:48:48 »

Hi all, I have a Vauxhall Omega Elite V6 1999 on a V plate, my question is how can I tell if it's a B spec, thanks for your time!!

powerslinky

Re: B Spec Omega
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2015, 06:12:02 »

Hi all, I have a Vauxhall Omega Elite V6 1999 on a V plate, my question is how can I tell if it's a B spec, thanks for your time!!

Not sure  what you mean by "B" spec  :-\    All uk omegas are "Omega B"  I think Omega A models were the european

market Carltons & not available here as "omegas" , Someone will correct me if this is not true,

But yours  being a V plate it will be one of the last "mini  facelift" models  or one of the first "facelift" models.

Easy way to define this is that pre face lift models have black bumpers & door strips with a chrome strip in them  & facelift models have  colour coded painted bumpers & door strips & no chrome strips.

There is information  in the "Common Issues & FAQ" by Josh Wyatt  & Marks DTM that explains the models differences.

HTH  :y
« Last Edit: 01 May 2015, 06:27:49 by Essex Big Al »

powerslinky

« Reply #2 on: 01 May 2015, 06:40:19 »

Go to  the "Omega Common Issues & FAQ" section .  Select  "index of this section"  & you will see what you are looking for written by The Boy, Marks DTM & Josh Wyatt. :y

Note to myself  . . .  must learn to do "links"  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Blue

• Bournemouth
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 May 2015, 14:35:05 »

Not sure  what you mean by "B" spec  :-\    All uk omegas are "Omega B"  I think Omega A models were the european

market Carltons & not available here as "omegas" , Someone will correct me if this is not true,

But yours  being a V plate it will be one of the last "mini  facelift" models  or one of the first "facelift" models.

Easy way to define this is that pre face lift models have black bumpers & door strips with a chrome strip in them  & facelift models have  colour coded painted bumpers & door strips & no chrome strips.

There is information  in the "Common Issues & FAQ" by Josh Wyatt  & Marks DTM that explains the models differences.

HTH  :y
Thanks for your input, the reason I ask is that I'm after a Haynes manual off Steve at Omega spare parts and he needs to know this to see if a manual that he has is suitable for my car, it was him that asked if it was a B spec

05omegav6

« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2015, 14:44:07 »

Grill in bonnet is facelift, grill in bumper is prefacelift.

In some, very limited, circles the facelift is referred to as the Omega C and the prefacelift as the Omega B, whereas in fact they are all Omega bs :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2015, 15:07:23 »

Thanks for your input, the reason I ask is that I'm after a Haynes manual off Steve at Omega spare parts and he needs to know this to see if a manual that he has is suitable for my car, it was him that asked if it was a B spec

Haynes only ever did one Manual for the Omega, but its good enough for most models including yours.  ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2015, 15:32:12 »

Haynes book only good for torque figures and diagrams really, OOF is a better resource for everything else  :y

powerslinky

« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2015, 17:53:45 »

Haynes book only good for torque figures and diagrams really, OOF is a better resource for everything else :y

Spot on there  .  :y :y :y

Blue

• Bournemouth
    • Omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 May 2015, 18:37:27 »

Thank you all for your input very helpful and much appreciated, thank you once again :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 19 queries.