Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The annual insurance debacle.  (Read 2553 times)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
Re: The annual insurance debacle.
« Reply #15 on: 26 January 2021, 15:31:15 »

Yes it happens every year!

Just got off the phone to the AA about my insurance renewal and, as usual, got them to reduce my fully comp, legal protection, monthly payment interest, loan car, low excesses, etc, etc, premium by £80 over the year to actually better (allowing for the "extra" benefits gained) quotes via Confused.com.

I never have to go into full argument mode as the AA staff listen, treat me like a valued customer, and give me quickly what I am looking for. 8) 8) :D :D :y

It's just frustrating that you should have to contact them at all.  I understand how business works, and every business is there to make money, but to prey on those who do not have technology at their fingertips (to check things like comparison websites) is just nasty.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 January 2021, 15:34:47 »

Just went through this on my daily driver.

Renewal quote = £360  :o

Quick compare the confusion market search, paid £160 for the year. Oh and Quidco gave me £35 for taking the policy out, so £125.

I'm very happy with that.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 January 2021, 15:40:40 »

Just got off the phone to the AA about my insurance renewal and, as usual, got them to reduce my fully comp, legal protection, monthly payment interest, loan car, low excesses, etc, etc, premium by £80 over the year to actually better (allowing for the "extra" benefits gained) quotes via Confused.com.

I never have to go into full argument mode as the AA staff listen, treat me like a valued customer, and give me quickly what I am looking for. 8) 8) :D :D :y

It's just frustrating that you should have to contact them at all.  I understand how business works, and every business is there to make money, but to prey on those who do not have technology at their fingertips (to check things like comparison websites) is just nasty.

Yes, as with the World of services and retailing now it is assumed (or just accepted as oh well' tough that some are not!!) that everyone is online.  It is also a fact that with the service industry it is common for a market place ideology to rule where the potential customer has to ask for the best price. 

Comes to think about it, the retail industry has done, in a different form, this since RPM disappeared 50 years ago. Multiple retail stores all offer basically the same products and expect the potential customer to walk / drive around to find the cheapest price.

Yes, with both industries (as with all business) it is ALL about making a profit and trusting that a fair proportion of the public to not bother to search out the best price, or even best service. ::) ::) ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 January 2021, 15:40:58 »

I never have to go into full argument mode as the AA staff listen, treat me like a valued customer, and give me quickly (as they have over 20 years) what I am looking for. 8) 8) :D :D :y
We'll see what AA insurance offer us in April. I always have another quote to hand when I ring, if I get no joy, I don't renew.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 January 2021, 15:44:18 »

I never have to go into full argument mode as the AA staff listen, treat me like a valued customer, and give me quickly (as they have over 20 years) what I am looking for. 8) 8) :D :D :y
We'll see what AA insurance offer us in April. I always have another quote to hand when I ring, if I get no joy, I don't renew.

Yep, done that for years now and only once did it take two phone calls with the AA to gently persuade them to meet a competitors quote! ::) ;D ;D ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 January 2021, 15:44:24 »

Yes, as with the World of services and retailing now it is assumed (or just accepted as oh well' tough that some are not!!) that everyone is online.  It is also a fact that with the service industry it is common for a market place ideology to rule where the potential customer has to ask for the best price. 

Comes to think about it, the retail industry has done, in a different form, this since RPM disappeared 50 years ago. Multiple retail stores all offer basically the same products and expect the potential customer to walk / drive around to find the cheapest price.

Yes, with both industries (as ith ll business) it is ALL about making a profit and trusting that a fair proportion of the public to not bother to search out the best price, or even best service. ::) ::) ::)
I notice that, when I read about food product recalls, all of the descriptions of the item are the same. i.e. Sainsbury's 100g fresh mussels, Morrison's 100g fresh mussels, etc. These products obviously come from the same supplier, but I'll bet they don't cost the same.
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 January 2021, 15:51:00 »

Yes, with both industries (as ith ll business) it is ALL about making a profit and trusting that a fair proportion of the public to not bother to search out the best price, or even best service. ::) ::) ::)
I notice that, when I read about food product recalls, all of the descriptions of the item are the same. i.e. Sainsbury's 100g fresh mussels, Morrison's 100g fresh mussels, etc. These products obviously come from the same supplier, but I'll bet they don't cost the same.

The food retailers do shop around for a regular supplier of fresh product, like sea foods, veg, fruit, etc, so cost prices do vary.  But with general grocery products they are the same, with maybe different labels on the pack when 'own label', but then cost price can vary still due to the terms agreed by the buyers within the retail chains where tens of thousands of pounds are to be made by cutting manufacturers to the bone, although of course that has been challenged by certain producers over recent years! ;D ;D ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.