Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solar powered battery charger  (Read 853 times)

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
Solar powered battery charger
« on: 03 May 2021, 19:05:31 »

As SWMBO has been told no return to fun factory, keep working from home until August at the earliest possibly later in the year, was wondering if solar powered battery charger or maintainer would work if placed behind windscreen. Don’t always get the chance to take it out for a blast once or twice a week so wondered if solar power is the way to go in keeping battery topped up & could it be connected for two weeks or more. Have no experience of these so any help appreciated & if so any recommendations

Ta

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Solar powered battery charger
« Reply #1 on: 03 May 2021, 19:12:20 »

As SWMBO has been told no return to fun factory, keep working from home until August at the earliest possibly later in the year, was wondering if solar powered battery charger or maintainer would work if placed behind windscreen. Don’t always get the chance to take it out for a blast once or twice a week so wondered if solar power is the way to go in keeping battery topped up & could it be connected for two weeks or more. Have no experience of these so any help appreciated & if so any recommendations

Ta
You'd need sun for it to work.  ;D
Diesel till I die

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
Re: Solar powered battery charger
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2021, 15:26:40 »

They are OK, I've owned one before. Beware that some cars the cig lighter socket is turned off when the car is turned off. Mine came with the cig lighter and clamps. If I was going to install it long term, I would probably crimped some eyes on the cable, added a fuse and hidden all the wiring.

I can't really give a long term review as it didn't last long. One day I forgot about it, drove off and it hit the gearknob and smashed.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.