Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: China beats up America in Taiwan war  (Read 3809 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: China beats up America in Taiwan war
« Reply #15 on: 30 July 2021, 14:22:48 »

In the interests of balance*, here's the latest Sippy Cup CNN Town Hall with Don Lemon (who incidentally catch believe what he is hearing (his expression and his silence both give him away).

https://youtu.be/t7WwDLzG--Y

*this is the full CNN version rather than the Fox/Sky Australia highlights.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 July 2021, 14:27:42 »

PAH!  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 July 2021, 14:53:17 »

Ok, here's the Sky Australia review of it...

https://youtu.be/rSaTXfeKFvA

;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 July 2021, 15:42:14 »

Apparently America is on course for having 2 million odd illegal immigrants cross the Mexican border this year!  :o

Biden assigned VP Harris the job of sorting the problem, which unless you build a bleddy great wall is a near impossible task, which is probably why he gave her the job in the first place, to kick her into the long grass and make her look useless,. Given that she didn't bother even visiting the border for months, she's doing a good job of that! 🤣

The border is 2000 miles long, and much of it is through uninhabited areas. How is a wall going to do anything useful? What they need is 20mile wide sea between both countries. That will stop all unwanted immigrants.....

The only way to stop this sort of immigration is to make your country even worse than the one they're trying to leave. Which isn't a solution.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 July 2021, 16:57:43 »

Apparently America is on course for having 2 million odd illegal immigrants cross the Mexican border this year!  :o

Biden assigned VP Harris the job of sorting the problem, which unless you build a bleddy great wall is a near impossible task, which is probably why he gave her the job in the first place, to kick her into the long grass and make her look useless,. Given that she didn't bother even visiting the border for months, she's doing a good job of that! 🤣

The border is 2000 miles long, and much of it is through uninhabited areas. How is a wall going to do anything useful? What they need is 20mile wide sea between both countries. That will stop all unwanted immigrants.....

The only way to stop this sort of immigration is to make your country even worse than the one they're trying to leave. Which isn't a solution.

Something like the English channel may work...... ::) ::) ::) :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 July 2021, 17:04:52 »

It would, because the Yanks would actually shoot the bastards as they crossed.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 July 2021, 17:19:28 »

Sorry, achieved satire rather than my normal sarcasm.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 July 2021, 19:58:24 »

And the bit she did visit is akin to going to Edinburgh to send a white cliffs of Dover Postcard ;D Imagine Diane Abbot as Foreign Secretary or Chancellor... That's about where Kamala is in both in terms of ability and respect (self or otherwise).

When the wall was first conceived, the gaps were intended to be in the least accessible terrain where there's a less than 50% chance of surviving a foot crossing. With Sippy Cups' Day 1 policy, there are gaps where there shouldn't be which is why so many people are able to literally stroll across.
Texas intends to complete the wall, and by changing their laws to allow them imprison everyone caught for trespass, for a minimum of a year (if you're not a citizen you effectively have no rights, so expect beans and rice) it is only a matter of time before they do actually start shooting people as they climb over the fence. Certainly the National Guard won't tolerate too much nonsense.

As it stands, all these migrants think there's a chance of getting in and getting a free pass. Replacing a glimmer of hope with certain death would soon put an end to it.

And before anyone says think of the children, they were weaponised the moment their parents abandoned them... That might not have been how the parents saw it, but it is certainly how the traffickers are using them. The money saved by shooting illegal immigrants on sight could be better invested in funding education and healthcare in the countries that they are so desperate to leave.

I appreciate that this won't be a popular opinion, but as Nick suggested, deterrents need to be robust and enforced in order to completely effective.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 July 2021, 22:25:30 »

I appreciate that this won't be a popular opinion, but as Nick suggested, deterrents need to be robust and enforced in order to completely effective.

Where the hell did I suggest that???

I stated that building a wall along a 2000mile border is futile, and implied(when I should have stated) that even a 20mile wide sea doesn't stop illegal and unwanted immigration.

I then wrote that the only way to stop people wanting to come to your country is to make it worse than where they are now. Anybody who is prepared to do that, or any other 'solution' that is worse than the problem, is a oppsing idiot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 July 2021, 22:28:51 »

I stated that building a wall along a 2000mile border is futile, and implied(when I should have stated) that even a 20mile wide sea doesn't stop illegal and unwanted immigration.

I then wrote that the only way to stop people wanting to come to your country is to make it worse than where they are now. Anybody who is prepared to do that, or any other 'solution' that is worse than the problem, is a oppsing idiot.
Agreed. Just make it worse for them.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 July 2021, 22:37:07 »

PAH!  ;D
Hmmmm......IRS ordered to hand over Trump tax returns to Congress https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58020969
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 July 2021, 23:08:48 »

"make it worse"

The channel is no more of a deterrent than an inconvenience. Although you can't walk across it, unlike the Rio Grande ::)

Perhaps a more reasonable approach would be to establish a barge at the halfway point and insist that you will only qualify to be considered for some sort of status if you go via said barge. And the return people to French France.

I am not actually advocating the shooting/drowning of people (although it would be an effective deterrent :'( ) but rather highlighting the fact that at some point, if we actually want to stop encouraging people we need to either do something about where they are leaving or play by the traffickers rules because they sure as hell don't play by ours. This is an inconvenient point, but at some point words and gestures won't be enough.

In the US, Sippy Cup has effectively legalised illegal immigration. Here, we have always been a soft touch and it is about time that stopped. If people were stopped permanently at the first safe refuge then we would have effectively zero people trying to get here.

Remain in Mexico wasn't a popular policy, but it was effective. Remain in France? Or Spain or Greece?
« Last Edit: 30 July 2021, 23:12:15 by Doctor Gollum »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 July 2021, 23:43:30 »

I don't know why it has only just occurred to me, but why do people pay thousands to cross the Channel in a £500 Amazon inflatable, when you can cross as a foot passenger for peanuts.

Apparently €3,000... https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-54358029

£43 one way with a bicycle on DFDS...
And a fake French ID is €300.

I'm no good at adding, but that's quite a profit margin. If you made it clear how much people were being ripped off, would they still bother?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 July 2021, 23:44:19 »

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 July 2021, 09:07:16 »

I don't know why it has only just occurred to me, but why do people pay thousands to cross the Channel in a £500 Amazon inflatable, when you can cross as a foot passenger for peanuts.

Apparently €3,000... https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-54358029

£43 one way with a bicycle on DFDS...
And a fake French ID is €300.

I'm no good at adding, but that's quite a profit margin. If you made it clear how much people were being ripped off, would they still bother?

We can, because we have the accepted paperwork. And it's true for any other European who is used to crossing borders.

But anyone who doesn't have it can't use ferries/Eurotunnel/passenger airports. They've probably started in places where the idea of walking past a barrier by just waving a piece paper simply isn't the way of doing things.

You also make it sound as if we're the only European country that has an illegal immigration problem, which simply isn't true.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.