Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hmmm, decisions, decisions  (Read 7670 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmm, decisions, decisions
« Reply #45 on: 19 December 2019, 12:46:37 »

Our electrickery went off at around 3.30am this morning. I know this because the reserve battery in the mains powered smoke alarm outside the bedroom is obviously low and the bloody thing kept beeping at 30 second intervals all night.
I finally gave in and got up investigate at 0715 and found it had tripped out. I went out to the shed and unplugged the old freezer which started playing up a couple of days ago and all was restored to normal.
Now need to buy a new freezer in the so called January sales. The old one has been faultless since 1984, so weve had our moneys worth out of it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 19 December 2019, 12:49:51 »

Our electrickery went off at around 3.30am this morning. I know this because the reserve battery in the mains powered smoke alarm outside the bedroom is obviously low and the bloody thing kept beeping at 30 second intervals all night.
I finally gave in and got up investigate at 0715 and found it had tripped out. I went out to the shed and unplugged the old freezer which started playing up a couple of days ago and all was restored to normal.
Now need to buy a new freezer in the so called January sales. The old one has been faultless since 1984, so weve had our moneys worth out of it.

Yes, it is interesting how long freezers can last for.  We had one that lasted 30 years, and even then it was still working fine but as the cabinet was showing signs of be 30 years in a garage it was decided to replace it when we moved house 8) 8) ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19 December 2019, 12:57:25 »

The old one has been faultless since 1984, so weve had our moneys worth out of it.
Our current Fridge Freezer we bought when we moved here in 2001. It works fine.  Except that when the dishwasher popped the trip on Tues, and it was off for an hour, the freezer temp rose by 5C.  When the power was off for about 8hrs during the garage thing, it completely defrosted.

So although it works, the seals are clearly tired.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #48 on: 19 December 2019, 15:05:09 »

The old one has been faultless since 1984, so weve had our moneys worth out of it.
Our current Fridge Freezer we bought when we moved here in 2001. It works fine.  Except that when the dishwasher popped the trip on Tues, and it was off for an hour, the freezer temp rose by 5C.  When the power was off for about 8hrs during the garage thing, it completely defrosted.

Which means it will be using a lot more power than a modern one.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 19 December 2019, 16:16:29 »

Which means it will be using a lot more power than a modern one.

Given that his dishwasher gets run 3 times a day, do you think he gives a shit?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 23 December 2019, 09:49:32 »

Part arrived and fitted on Friday afternoon.

Then down to Currys Friday evening to buy a new dishwasher...   ...the cheapest, crappiest thing that they actually had there ready for me to take away.  Then over to KFC for an emergency intake of the Colonels secret recipe, only for that to be stone cold.  I have enough trouble with the fast digestion rate of KFC without it being cold ;D
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05 January 2020, 14:58:17 »

Ours stopped, working last week, 13months old, phoned the manufacturer help line, no joy, phoned the retailer, again no joy, phoned Trading standards, very helpful, said download this letter, send it off signed for, await reply.. retailer phoned after reading the letter, coming to repair it Monday... All done under sale of goods. :)

Another oof white goods thread, don't ya love em ;D

Update.... The nice shop people upon receiving the nice letter rung up, arranged for a man to come and fix the machinery, man turns up, drags dish washer out, scratches chin, starts it up, works fine, inspects then says can't find owt wrong,..... Been working fine since, and it's not even French ???
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 05 January 2020, 16:26:46 »

Ours stopped, working last week, 13months old, phoned the manufacturer help line, no joy, phoned the retailer, again no joy, phoned Trading standards, very helpful, said download this letter, send it off signed for, await reply.. retailer phoned after reading the letter, coming to repair it Monday... All done under sale of goods. :)

Update.... The nice shop people upon receiving the nice letter rung up, arranged for a man to come and fix the machinery, man turns up, drags dish washer out, scratches chin, starts it up, works fine, inspects then says can't find owt wrong,..... Been working fine since, and it's not even French ???
Operator error.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 05 January 2020, 16:46:08 »

In anyone is into greasy stringy chicken nobody does it better than KFC.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 05 January 2020, 16:47:56 »

Operator error.
Was it turned on at the wall ?  : ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 05 January 2020, 18:04:58 »

Agreed  :y
I tried KFC a couple of times  :( it was fowl foul

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 05 January 2020, 18:08:35 »

Last time I went there they didn't even get my order right despite taking about 45 minutes to think about it.

Still, at least it didn't result in me spending the evening on the potty. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 05 January 2020, 18:22:53 »

Last time I went there they didn't even get my order right despite taking about 45 minutes to think about it.

Does anyone else think TB's 'potty problems' are related to a less than healthy diet.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 05 January 2020, 18:31:59 »

I see you've been to the Gatwick one as well...  ;D

Whomever thought that a drive through KFC was a good idea should be forced to pay the losses...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 05 January 2020, 18:44:31 »

I see you've been to the Gatwick one as well...  ;D

Whomever thought that a drive through KFC was a good idea should be forced to pay the losses...

Nope quite the opposite. They managed this level of incompetence in the middle of nowhere in the fens - on the Ely bypass, IIRC. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.