Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Here we go again...  (Read 3620 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Here we go again...
« on: 08 October 2010, 16:52:50 »

Mrs KW phones up practically in tears at lunch time. Some muppet has reversed a transit tipper into her MX5 in the works car park and made a bloody good job of it by all accounts. >:(

Guy did a runner. Got a couple of witnesses and the registration number though. The unit he was visiting said they did have a guy round asking if they had any scrap earlier. :-? That'll be him. He left a business card. :y

Informed the Police and she instantly got a verbal 7 day wonder over the phone. >:( Who's the rather criminal here?

Anyway, Police say the reg. no. doesn't match the business card. Surprise, surprise! Here's your crime number, now bu66er off, essentially. >:(

Guess I'll have to survey the damage tonight, and check the car for traces of lucky heather and tarmac. Why do I get the feeling this is going to turn into a massive PITA? :(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Welung666

Re: Here we go again...
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2010, 16:56:37 »

Bloody hell Kevin! Any CCTV?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2010, 16:56:59 »

It will, because these pikeys are theiving, lying bastards.

Even if you did get an address (pikey wagon, A303 layby), you will find them to be too aggressive to deal with.  Its how the idiots get away with it.

In the case of pikeys, the army should be called in. Job done, and early bonfire night.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2010, 17:01:32 »

With a bit of luck.. The guys in one of the units were going to have a look.

Even if you did get an address (pikey wagon, A303 layby), you will find them to be too aggressive to deal with.  Its how the idiots get away with it.

Yep. Police won't even bother with them. Not that they are interested in helping anyway, by the sound of it. >:(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2010, 17:07:09 »

you need to find the van and let "justice" prevail

aaronjb

« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2010, 17:25:30 »

Hit 'n run scum! And I particularly love how your Mrs gets a producer for the trouble of reporting it...

As for dealing with them, indeed, pretty difficult.. I knew a guy who resorted to the use of the local Hell's Angels to get a load off his land (obviously he was friendly with the former!) - I hear that did the job quite well..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2010, 17:28:42 »

Hit 'n run scum! And I particularly love how your Mrs gets a producer for the trouble of reporting it...

As for dealing with them, indeed, pretty difficult.. I knew a guy who resorted to the use of the local Hell's Angels to get a load off his land (obviously he was friendly with the former!) - I hear that did the job quite well..
Where I used to live, the pikeys picked the wrong estate to park up on.  The local hard nuts went around, did a lot of damage (via bottles, petrol and rags!), and the pikeys legged it.  The police rightly kept out of the way, except to arrange removal of the abandonned vans after the incident.
Grumpy old man

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #7 on: 08 October 2010, 18:22:31 »

OUCH kev....   sorry to hear this mate......   

may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the ne'erdowell's nether regions, and may they be doomed to drive an austin allegro for all time.

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 October 2010, 18:36:13 »

With a bit of luck.. The guys in one of the units were going to have a look.

Yep. Police won't even bother with them. Not that they are interested in helping anyway, by the sound of it. >:(

Kevin

Yep. Police won't even bother with them. Not that they are interested in helping anyway, by the sound of it.

I wouldn't accept that at all K.  I'm afraid that I would be at the relevant nick lodging a complant regarding the lack of police action.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #9 on: 08 October 2010, 19:14:56 »

most cctvs cant show the registration number as their resolution is not adequate generally..

bad news Kevin.. :(
« Last Edit: 08 October 2010, 19:15:15 by cem_devecioglu »

FoxyV6

« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2010, 19:18:38 »

so some nob end backs into your wife's car and she gets a verbal off the police?? how the hell does that work? i wonder sometimes whos side the police are really on ::)

waspy

« Reply #11 on: 08 October 2010, 19:23:21 »

It's always the good that get shit on >:( >:(
At least your good lady wasn't driving down the road at the time, could've been worse.

feeutfo

« Reply #12 on: 08 October 2010, 19:56:52 »

Sorry to hear Mr and Mrs Wood.  >:(

Rarely is CCTV of any use ime. Sounds like a mare. Spoke to insurer yet?  :-/

Martin_1962

« Reply #13 on: 08 October 2010, 21:16:45 »

That is dreadful, get on to the Police and escalate it.

VERY useful if you know some, I have heard of sex offenders being forced out of an area. I would rather upset pikeys than HAs.

Where I used to live, the pikeys picked the wrong estate to park up on.  The local hard nuts went around, did a lot of damage (via bottles, petrol and rags!), and the pikeys legged it.  The police rightly kept out of the way, except to arrange removal of the abandonned vans after the incident.

Now that sounds rather good

unclelicklug

• Intermediate Member
  • Sheffield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 October 2010, 22:27:47 »

Strikes a chord on a couple of levels and I feel for you, and heartily endorse all the previous replies.

My wife also drives an MX5 and we'd be very sorry (to say the least) to see it damaged in any way at all....

A few years back (OK about 25) I was cut up by a scabby old Granada which scraped down the side of my car - I was forced into the gutter trying to avoid but got the reg number.

Sure enough it belonged to the local pikeys and I was told to forget any chance of recovering anything from this 'community', only saving grace that my car was probably equally scabby and did not look a lot the worse for its experience.

Still riles me now to play this episode back..been unreasonably prejudiced against this sector of the population ever since...and does my head in that even with all the details you have of this offender there'll be no effort to find the guy and exact justice.

And breathe...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.