Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Post New Dis Pack Woes  (Read 4039 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Post New Dis Pack Woes
« Reply #30 on: 18 January 2022, 18:50:57 »

The light may not be a current issue, but without it, you're only guessing as to what caused it to come on.

If the light is now off, do we care what put it on?  ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 January 2022, 18:52:09 »

The light may not be a current issue, but without it, you're only guessing as to what caused it to come on.

Some of us do, obviously  ;D
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 January 2022, 18:56:42 »

Some of us do, obviously  ;D
;D ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 January 2022, 19:23:24 »

;D

We don't, but the owner of the car should be interested...

I can see the next thread... "EML light is on again. What could it be?" or words to that effect  :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 January 2022, 19:35:05 »

What was the code... ::)

Thank God, as I have said, the light went out before I needed to establish any codes :D ;)

As VXL V6 said, the misfire would have pinged the light on. Code reader may show the stored code, even with the light off, but as said, not an issue now.  :y

when I got underneath the car to adjust the handbrake......

You get a much better balanced handbrake when you adjust at the internal brake shoes star wheel first.  :y

I did :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 January 2022, 19:45:37 »

;D

I can see the next thread... "EML light is on again. What could it be?" or words to that effect  :-X

To satisfy just you, the light was on because of plug number 4 mis-firing, and staying on when I drove two miles home.  I replaced the Dis Pack and so got all cylinders firing.  The light didn’t clear straight away, but left overnight the check system settled down so when I fired the engine up again, all was well.  Simples.

I have been doing car mechanics, and now reading the OOF guides for decades, so am not a complete novice.  I was worried yesterday when the light would not go off, got reassurances on here that it could be very temporary, which it was thank goodness. :y

I am sure I will encounter more challenges with this now 18.5 year old car, as I have in the past, but I now do not lose sleep over a bloody car.  If the light comes back on, so be it. I will deal with it as I do with all challenges.

One of my daughters sons is partnered with a young women who last week gave birth to a baby by ‘C’ section under emergency conditions at St. Thomas Hospital London, warned that the baby, a grand daughter for me, could not live long, and so it died 6 days later.  That for me at the moment is far more important than any fxcking car :'(
« Last Edit: 18 January 2022, 19:50:17 by Lizzie Zoom »

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18 January 2022, 19:52:37 »

So you don't actually know what caused it to come on in the first place ???
It really doesn't matter, probably just an old code that cleared with clean starts.
It's best to spend that 15 seconds READING the code right in front of you and know for sure IMHO
EML could pop on again at MOT ,costing time and retest fee or worse

Unless Lizzie is one of those types that closes her eyes as she exits the motorway ON slip road and hopes for the best  :P
Covid, EML's, you worry too much  ;D
It's not my car ,so I'm not worried about Lizzie's EML  ::)
And she's unlikely to be on the roads I use when she does break down  :D
I was just giving a little advice  ;)
"fail to prepare... prepare to fail "
I'll get back in me Covid secure bunker  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18 January 2022, 19:56:59 »

;D

To satisfy just you, the light was on because of plug number 4 mis-firing, and staying on when I drove two miles home.  I replaced the Dis Pack and so got all cylinders firing.  The light didn’t clear straight away, but left overnight the check system settled down so when I fired the engine up again, all was well.  Simples.

I have been doing car mechanics, and now reading the OOF guides for decades, so am not a complete novice.  I was worried yesterday when the light would not go off, got reassurances on here that it could be very temporary, which it was thank goodness. :y

I am sure I will encounter more challenges with this now 18.5 year old car, as I have in the past, but I now do not lose sleep over a bloody car.  If the light comes back on, so be it. I will deal with it as I do with all challenges.

One of my daughters sons is partnered with a young women who last week gave birth to a baby by ‘C’ section under emergency conditions at St. Thomas Hospital London, warned that the baby, a grand daughter for me, could not live long, and so it died 6 days later.  That for me at the moment is far more important than any fxcking car :'(
Sorry to hear about your Granddaughter. Some things are indeed more important than cars.

The misfire code was a presumption without the actual code.
Onanists always think outside the box.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18 January 2022, 19:59:30 »

;D

Extremely sorry to read about this very sad loss Lizzie. Puts all other lifes problems into perspective....
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18 January 2022, 20:37:00 »

So you don't actually know what caused it to come on in the first place ???
It really doesn't matter, probably just an old code that cleared with clean starts.
It's best to spend that 15 seconds READING the code right in front of you and know for sure IMHO
EML could pop on again at MOT ,costing time and retest fee or worse

Unless Lizzie is one of those types that closes her eyes as she exits the motorway ON slip road and hopes for the best  :P
Covid, EML's, you worry too much  ;D
It's not my car ,so I'm not worried about Lizzie's EML  ::)
And she's unlikely to be on the roads I use when she does break down  :D
I was just giving a little advice  ;)
"fail to prepare... prepare to fail "
I'll get back in me Covid secure bunker  ;D

I know Dave. Thanks for your advice, but I have the AA to back me up if required for when I get it all wrong! ;) :D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18 January 2022, 20:38:11 »

;D

Sorry to hear about your Granddaughter. Some things are indeed more important than cars.

The misfire code was a presumption without the actual code.

Thanks DG.  Just rather sensitive, more than usual, at the moment ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18 January 2022, 20:38:58 »

;D

Extremely sorry to read about this very sad loss Lizzie. Puts all other lifes problems into perspective....

Thanks, yes it does………. ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18 January 2022, 21:12:19 »

a grand daughter for me, could not live long, and so it died 6 days later.   ....

So very very sorry to hear that Lizzie. Condolences to all involved  :'(

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18 January 2022, 21:33:10 »

It most certainly does. Sorry to hear this Lizzie.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19 January 2022, 12:11:53 »

Thanks Johnnydog, Andy and YZ250 :y :y
« Last Edit: 19 January 2022, 12:15:14 by Lizzie Zoom »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.