Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Duff V6 GM Crank Sensor!

<< < (4/6) > >>

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Rangie on 18 April 2021, 16:58:27 ---Never had to replace any on my two Omegas just lucky I guess.

--- End quote ---

I (had) replaced 2 on my V6 .... one failed while SWMBO was at the lights in the middle of 4 lanes of traffic one Sat morning. Needless to say by the time I arrived, it restarted as though nothing had happened. The other time I was more prepared & had a brand new spare in a box that I'd bought over the counter at a real dealer  ::) but I was towing at the time & there was snow on the ground. Recovery arrived, I presented him with the code/fault & a spare CSS  ;D ;D His reply was that nobody had ever done that before.  ;D ;D

Nick W:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 18 April 2021, 17:34:58 ---Recovery arrived, I presented him with the code/fault & a spare CSS  ;D ;D His reply was that nobody had ever done that before.  ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

The fan belt breaking on one of my Capris had made the timing belt jump a few teeth. I discovered that after walking about a mile to the nearest factor to get a new fan belt, which I fitted with the mole grips that were in the boot. That wasn't enough to retime the engine so I called the AA. The patrol was expecting to call it in as a recovery - I was in Crawley and live in Chatham - but I borrowed his tools and had it running in about 15 minutes.
I arrived at the party with dirty hands, and only slightly late ;D

As soon as I had time, I refitted the cam belt cover.

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Nick W on 18 April 2021, 17:49:01 --- ....

--- End quote ---

I didn't think that anyone ever refitted the cam belt cover on a Pinto  ::) ;D ;D

Nick W:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 18 April 2021, 18:28:04 ---

--- End quote ---

I didn't think that anyone ever refitted the cam belt cover on a Pinto  ::) ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

It's there for a reason.

As I found out; the broken fan belt wouldn't have disturbed the cam belt, and I would have been back on the road in about 30 minutes....

And I've always used them since :y

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Nick W on 18 April 2021, 18:54:32 ---
--- Quote from: Andy B on 18 April 2021, 18:28:04 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

It's there for a reason.

As I found out; the broken fan belt wouldn't have disturbed the cam belt, and I would have been back on the road in about 30 minutes....

And I've always used them since :y

--- End quote ---

My memories of how to opps up on a Pinto was to hook the top rad hose over the top/back of the cam cover .... can't remember now why you would  :-\ ... and the cam pulley would wear a nice hole into it.  ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version