Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Duff V6 GM Crank Sensor!

<< < (2/6) > >>

johnnydog:

--- Quote from: Nick W on 17 April 2021, 18:25:26 ---You've misunderstood the reason for buying a genuine GM part by walking into a dealer.

--- End quote ---

The reasons and benefits of buying a genuine VX part direct from a VX dealer are quite obvious, and apart from virtually guaranteeing the item is a genuine GM part, you would also expect it to work as intended / designed. So, no, I have not misunderstood the recommendations as to the sourcing of a sensor relative to their supposed reliability. I mentioned the points about being a genuine sensor/ dealer / walking into it to reduce the chances of these now 'repetitive' points possibly being raised.

Nick W:

--- Quote from: johnnydog on 17 April 2021, 21:41:27 ---
--- Quote from: Nick W on 17 April 2021, 18:25:26 ---You've misunderstood the reason for buying a genuine GM part by walking into a dealer.

--- End quote ---

The reasons and benefits of buying a genuine VX part direct from a VX dealer are quite obvious, and apart from virtually guaranteeing the item is a genuine GM part, you would also expect it to work as intended / designed. So, no, I have not misunderstood the recommendations as to the sourcing of a sensor relative to their supposed reliability. I mentioned the points about being a genuine sensor/ dealer / walking into it to reduce the chances of these now 'repetitive' points possibly being raised.

--- End quote ---

???

I've read your post several times, and still can't decide if you're agreeing, or disagreeing with me as you've just re-phrased everything I wrote.

johnnydog:
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your comments - I am just stating the facts as they happened to me.

Genuine dealer - genuine part - expectation that it works as intended.
Alternative purchase options were -
EBay / Amazon (of advertised GM / Bosch item)  - possibility of a genuine part  but some suggest could be fakes (although all my past Bosch purchases on Ebay have been genuine parts) with fingers xd's that it works as intended.
EBay/ Amazon purchase of non genuine / aftermarket part - likelihood of early failure a possibility / reality?

So I don't really know why you are picking holes in the facts as I explained them - VX dealer, genuine part, high expectations that that it should work. Unfortunately it didn't. Simple really.

Doctor Gollum:
Meanwhile in other news...

It would seem that the issue isn't with the part failing or from whence it came but the opportunity to have a dig a tried and tested advice.

Buy the next one from Faceachebook market place and then spend the next six months going on about how good it is because I didn't suggest it. ;D

Buy ensuring that you buy a genuine one, you minimise the likelihood of a failure. My memory is fading but I suspect that it is the second genuine one, (purchased from a genuine Vauxhall dealer that you genuinely have to walk in to) that has failed since I first joined the forum in 2009. Whereas buying them anywhete else is a crapshoot with 50/50 odds of it lasting a month.

johnnydog:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 18 April 2021, 00:29:10 ---
It would seem that the issue isn't with the part failing or from whence it came but the opportunity to have a dig a tried and tested advice.

Buy the next one from Faceachebook market place and then spend the next six months going on about how good it is because I didn't suggest it. ;D

--- End quote ---

You're being bit over sensitive I think.... :)

Had I just stated I had fitted a brand new Vauxhall sensor and it was faulty / didn't work, I am certain that the usual reply about buying any other than a genuine part from a genuine Vauxhall dealer that you genuinely have to walk into' would have been the first point raised.....
Mentioning it from the outset saved it having to be asked - and confirmed that I had adhered to the recommendations.....
I wouldn't even have considered fitting an aftermarket electrical part bought on the Internet, especially the crank sensor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version