Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Central locking inoperative using key fob.

<< < (5/9) > >>

johnnydog:
Thanks, yes I was happy. No charge by the ex VX teccy (although I did give him some beer tokens), and £30 for the fob repair. So all in all, not bad I thought.....

johnnydog:
More frustration - the key fob and car have been behaving themselves for a good number of weeks - locking / unlocking, boot release fully operational.....until today. Went to unlock the car with the fob - nothing. Unlocked manually with the key, no problem, and the car started fine. Wouldn't then lock with the fob. Tried the spare (which had been repaired last time, and was working fine afterwards), and nothing - also wouldn't lock or unlock the car, or operate the boot release, but would start the car.
What would cause the keys to loose communication with the car, when working fine a few days ago?

Doctor Gollum:
Interference from an external source.

As an example, certain stray 5g waves can interfere with completely different frequency bands...

Really long link thing

johnnydog:
Yet my other 2.6 Omega has been parked next to it all this time and it unlocks / locks remotely with the fob as normal.....?

TheBoy:
Is one key "cloned" off the other - many locksmiths do this, and it doesn't work for long with systems that use a rolling code (virtually everything).

If not, back to basics.
Are you able to resync either fob that was previously working?

If yes, see how long it works after resync - if it does it again, likely that the fob needs repair (properly)

If no, its likely the fob needs repair (properly)

Whilst not impossible, its very, very rare for the ATWS/CL ecu to fail. Very rare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version