Chat Area > General Car Chat

Gas Struts - where from?

(1/2) > >>

Viral_Jim:
Since the weather has dropped cold I've noticed an occasional but severe pain to the top of my head when going near the Zafira.

Closer inspection has revealed that the tailgate is not lifting as high as it did in the summer, causing occasional but violent collisions with the upper regions of my bonce.

So, new gas Struts are in order, but where to buy from? I can't get hold of anyone at Vx to tell me how much they'll charge me but I suspect the answer is 'far too much'. I could go down the ebay route (c£15 a pair) but I don't want to do the job again in 7 days time. So has anyone used a particular supplier they could recommend, before I just go out and buy a crash helmet.

Nick W:
You could try HERE

But seriously, a £15 pair from Ebay will do the job. It's not as if you're sleeping under them for fifteen hours  a day.

Changing both might take a couple of minutes if you don't rush.

STEMO:
Choice of different makes on this site, Jim

https://www.autopartspro.co.uk/vauxhall-carparts/zafira-mk-ii-b-m75/19310/10926/tailgate-struts?price_range%5B%5D=&brand%5B%5D=101#
I didn't know your exact model, but you can put it in.

Andy B:
Cheaper alternative  ;)

Marks DTM Calib:
The SGS ones are a known quality and certainly, from personal experience, appear to last well (they did 3 years on my Zaf before it went). I have also used the cheap eBay ones on sons Corsa, been on about 6 months so a bit early to judge, I didn't feel they gave quite so many Nm of force as the one working old one though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version