Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

12V Pumps in Cooling System

(1/11) > >>

polilara:
Hello all

As I live here in the north my Omega is equipped with two electrical pumps in cooling system. First one is behind the radiator and I beleive that every Omega has that. The second pump is installed to the hose going to heater matrix. As far as I know the idea of this second pump is to increase hot water flow throught the heater matrix in these cold countries. On the other hand according to the owners manual that second pump should circulate hot water in heater matrix when ignition is off and 'Auto' button is pressed. This pump together with the fan should keep the cabin warm as long as engine have some heat left.

This second pump works well as I tested it with 12V source. When I press Auto in cabin the fan starts to rotate but only 0.4V comes to the wires connected to the pump (measured when not connected). Where is that current coming from, is there a relay somewhere? Everything else works fine in the car so guess all fuses are ok.

Doctor Gollum:
Does the cabin air temperature sensor work?

If both the outside air and cabin temperatures are above the selected temperature, then the fan will be the only thing that comes on.

Also, was the engine upto temperature when you tried as the cut off threshold may be higher than you think.

Repeating the test with the cabin temp set on Hi on both sides might force it to run the second pump :-\

polilara:
Thanks DG for your quick (as usual) reply.

1. Yes cab sensor is ok; when driving and having set point in both sides e.g. 20°C fan speed is low and silent. When changed to 22°C fan accelerates and start to push hot, when changed to 18°C (from 20°C) fan accelerates and start to push cold.
2. I was in my garage and engine was only warm not hot, motor was hot earlier so the outside temp sensor might still have seen hot temperature. But I remember I put temp set point to HI. Anyhow, I repeat this all outside tonight with hot engine and report back.

Doctor Gollum:
 :y Without the hand book immediately to hand, does it give a coolant temperature that the feature works down to?

The other thing to check is that the pump actually spins up with 12v applied as it sounds like the pump or its relay could be at fault.

polilara:
1. At least Finnish version do not give a temp, If someone have other language versions available would be interesting to check.
2. Pump tested yesterday with 12V supply, it spins and I can hear that the water start to circulate. Might be the relay, I get 0.4V there to the wires. Which relay it is? I saw No. 22 here for X25XE and X30XE Lower one! Perhaps the lower one is for Y26SE and Y32SE Which I have (Y26SE)?? Relay 22 is named 'Pump Coolant' but is it for first pump or for second pump or is this relay for northern countries' second pump somewhere else?
Here
https://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90458.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version