Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

ICE on a budget......

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eighth_dwarf:
would be looking at £250ish but would want multichanger and adapters for that!  :-/

Martin_1962:
£30 - £50 for a CD Changer
£20 - £40 for a display adaptor
anything for a head unit - do you want MD, Tape or what? (can't see point in CD H/U with CD Changer
Amps - see what you want and set a limit

Marks DTM Calib:
4 channel amp for the door speakers plus a sub......to be honest I would do this first off becuase the week point in the original head units are the amps and if not driven hard (i.e. into a high resistance amp) they sound better.

Phil:
Well if your interested for the money you have you could have this lot off me:-

Its a sony CDX-M700R head unit, active black so it looks like a blank panel when off, it has pre-outs for front and rear spaekers as well as separate sub out so you can adjust the 'volume' of the sub/ front and rear speakers without a separate gain control, it will also run MD or CD changer.

Theres a Dillinger 4 channel bridgeable amp

An 8" sub which already has an amp built in

A brand new unused 10 disc sony multi changer

The auto leads PC-09 (i think) steering controll adaptor
I also have the traffic master adaptor if you want it.

Ive also got the full display adaptor. Its a soundlinks VAU01DS (DOPS002/ DOPS003) which can be thrown in but i dont know if this will work as i havent tried it and its the wrong one if youve got the ccrt700 phone headunit.

Ive got the origional boxes and instructions for all of it apart from the sub

I can also dig out a few speaker/ power wires if you need them

I also have a 6 disc mini disc changer and the XA- C30 selctor so you can run both changers on the same head unit which are for sale separately or instead of the CD changer and i have the CDX-M800 head unit which is a newer version of the 700

If your interested let me know  :)

Hillper:
If you're on a budget, forget the adaptors!

Start with a good MP3 headunit and later add four channel amp driving all speakers, finally, use the rear amp channels, bridged, to power a sub instead of the rear speakers.

For good opinions on current kit, go here.

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/

It's a great site.

Edit.  Headunits.  At around £200, I'd go for Alpine or Pioneer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version