Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

xenon headlight adjustment for continental use

(1/6) > >>

montydog:
 :-[can anyone advise how to adjust the xenon headlights on my 1999 elite to make me legal when driving on the continent?

Andy B:

--- Quote --- :-[can anyone advise how to adjust the xenon headlights on my 1999 elite to make me legal when driving on the continent?
--- End quote ---
Turn to page 93 of your Omega owner's manual. There's a little lever in there that cuts the left dip off the beam pattern. It's a sod to get your hand in on the driver's side cos to the battery.

TheOutcast:

--- Quote ---
--- Quote --- :-[can anyone advise how to adjust the xenon headlights on my 1999 elite to make me legal when driving on the continent?
--- End quote ---
Turn to page 93 of your Omega owner's manual. There's a little lever in there that cuts the left dip off the beam pattern. It's a sod to get your hand in on the driver's side cos to the battery.
--- End quote ---
I think, if I read my owners manual correctly, there is a lever on both lights, and they both need to be changed.
You're right about the one on the drivers side being a sod to get at, but, unless it's different from mine the battery is on the passenger side.
If you're hands are like ET's hands, you'll be OK, otherwise you're probably going to have to take off the battery to change that one.
Good luck. [smiley=beer.gif]
I'd be interested to know how you get on, up to now I've only looked at mine, I've not actually tried to do it.
 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

TheBoy:
Its possible to do passenger side (awkward due to battery) by feel alone. Drivers side is easy anyway.

Andy B:

--- Quote --- ......  but, unless it's different from mine the battery is on the passenger side.
If you're hands are like ET's hands, you'll be OK, otherwise you're probably going to have to take off the battery to change that one.
Good luck. [smiley=beer.gif]  ......
--- End quote ---
:-[ Ooops! That's what I meant. Senior moment!  ::)
It's enough to just remove the clamp and move the battery a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version