Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rear blind  (Read 1859 times)

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
rear blind
« on: 07 October 2008, 20:25:21 »

Ive just got an electric blind for my CDX. Plugged in, got switch for console, but no joy. I know the blind works because I've had 12v on it directly. Raises and lowers ok.

The fuse is ok, but unfortunately I can't check for power at the socket in the boot because my multimeter is at work. Until then, is there anything else that might cause the problem?

I assume that the three pins on the socket are for 0v, 12v, and 12v while button is pressed. Is this correct? Which colour wires are for which?

I could have waited until tonight when I'm at work but I thought I'd ask now in case the problem is well known, but I suspect it's just a case of checking for power at the relevant points.
To do: Replace brake discs and pads; adjust already replaced shoes; check for leaks in oil cooler, cambelt area, crank seals, sump, dipstick; replace osf door; replace a tyre; clean, MOT.

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
Re: rear blind
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2008, 20:29:45 »

It should just be plug and play

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2008, 20:33:10 »

Yeah thought so :(

I'll be testing later...

I can't think why when the fuse is ok that there wouldn't be power at the socket in the boot.

I suppose the controller on the blind could be buggered... hope not though but even if it is it looks simple enough to fix (I hope)
To do: Replace brake discs and pads; adjust already replaced shoes; check for leaks in oil cooler, cambelt area, crank seals, sump, dipstick; replace osf door; replace a tyre; clean, MOT.

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2008, 21:49:05 »

Just checked the pcb of the controller on the blind. See pic. Circled area is blown track

Now I hope it's a one-time thing and my repair I am about to make will not be damaged too!
The damage is on the output to the blind side of the circuit, so having tested the blind directly I am hopeful I can get it working again.

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2008, 03:02:23 »

Pleased to say my repair worked. Anyone else had this problem with the burnt tracks on the PCB?

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2008, 23:39:51 »

It should just be plug and play

So is the wiring behind the switch blank then or is it taped up underneath somewhere?
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

Bumbazor

• Worksop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2008, 23:53:23 »

Yes, behind the blank is the socket and wiring ready to go. I don't know about really low spec models but my CDX was ready to go.

alexandjen

• Omega Knight
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
  • The Silver Surfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2008, 21:56:54 »

Yes, behind the blank is the socket and wiring ready to go. I don't know about really low spec models but my CDX was ready to go.

Excellent Thanks  :y
Trade club card holder
Code scanner available

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 October 2008, 19:33:39 »

The rear blind has a common intermittant fault due to wear in the motor mechanism. this could be the problem :-/
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.