Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Reading meet No 11 (at Ashridge near Berkhamsted)  (Read 9831 times)

OmegaGav

• Intermediate Member
  • Hemel Hempstead
  • For god sake doooo something !!!!!
    • 08' Vectra 3.0 V6 Cdti
    • View Profile
Reading meet No 11 (at Ashridge near Berkhamsted)
« on: 31 May 2009, 15:39:21 »

Hi all after a great meet in Portsmouth I was thinking about a meet nearer my neck of the woods on sat june 27th or sat July 4th  and Ashridge monument is a lovely place in the country with great woodlands, plenty of room to park which is not restricted by spaces we can just park on the grass and set up our own little area for a barbecue/ball games/sunbathing !/general chilling !/and of course bonnet lifting. There's also some nice walks and a bloody great monument to climb ! And I'm sure the kids would love exploring/getting lost !
Let me know you're thoughts an I will do a confirmed list if there plenty of interest  :y

Yes it's my M&S goulash cannon. Ready Aim Fire...!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Reading meet No 11 (at Ashridge near Berkhamsted)
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2009, 18:59:14 »

Ah, I know Ashridge well - when I used to fix phones, that was my stomping ground ;D
Grumpy old man

mike213735

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2009, 20:16:06 »

Gav,

I can do 04th July as on 27th June, we are having our night in a campsite with no kids...

Mike

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
  • Astra VXR it's a way of life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2009, 21:26:38 »

Ah, I know Ashridge well - when I used to fix phones, that was my stomping ground ;D

Nice place to fix phones Jamie :y
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2009, 21:32:39 »

Hi all after a great meet in Portsmouth I was thinking about a meet nearer my neck of the woods on sat june 27th or sat July 4th  and Ashridge monument is a lovely place in the country with great woodlands, plenty of room to park which is not restricted by spaces we can just park on the grass and set up our own little area for a barbecue/ball games/sunbathing !/general chilling !/and of course bonnet lifting. There's also some nice walks and a bloody great monument to climb ! And I'm sure the kids would love exploring/getting lost !
Let me know you're thoughts an I will do a confirmed list if there plenty of interest  :y
You may limit yourself if its the 4/5 July due to a clash with the ever growing East Anglia weekend.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2009, 21:39:34 »

Not necessarily.  Ever bugger up there doesn't have proper addresses - they drop the house number, dream up a house name, then not tell the land registry or post office. Nor do they put a sign up with said name/number.

So after finding them after driving around in ever decreasing circles for several hours, the conversation goes something like this:

Me: "Good afternoon, Madam, I'm from British Telecom, come to look at your phone"
Sub: "You're late, you were supposed to be here 3 hours ago!"
Me: "I'm sorry, I had trouble finding you, you do not appear to have a sign for your house name anywhere."
Sub: "Well, everyone knows this is Dunroaming. The postman manages to deliver the post."
Me, by this point starting to walk back to the van: "Better call the postman to fix your phone then. Oh, you can't, the phone is bust."
« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 21:39:54 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2009, 21:58:49 »

Not necessarily.  Ever bugger up there doesn't have proper addresses - they drop the house number, dream up a house name, then not tell the land registry or post office. Nor do they put a sign up with said name/number.

So after finding them after driving around in ever decreasing circles for several hours, the conversation goes something like this:

Me: "Good afternoon, Madam, I'm from British Telecom, come to look at your phone"
Sub: "You're late, you were supposed to be here 3 hours ago!"
Me: "I'm sorry, I had trouble finding you, you do not appear to have a sign for your house name anywhere."
Sub: "Well, everyone knows this is Dunroaming. The postman manages to deliver the post."
Me, by this point starting to walk back to the van: "Better call the postman to fix your phone then. Oh, you can't, the phone is bust
."

We may laugh but that's how it really is :y
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

RobseyMV6

• west sussex
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2009, 22:00:36 »

Can't make the East Anglia weekend, 4th July
I'm with you Gav  :y

Robseymv6

« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 22:02:51 by RobseyMV6 »

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2009, 22:28:14 »

Sorry mate i'm at Silverstone on the 4th for the Renault Day with Bev and the kids
« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 23:23:59 by biggshome »
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

mike213735

« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2009, 22:45:19 »

Damn...

2 bad weekends then!

I can't make 27th June (as it's our first night in 2 years away from the kids) and Andy can't make 04th July.

Perhaps try a little earlier.....or later?

Mike

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2009, 22:50:12 »

Gav your only 10 mins from me so if you want i'll arrange something as i know Lucy & Jordan are joined at the hip  ;D ;D ;D and it now appears Jack and Jake are the same :y
« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 23:25:40 by biggshome »
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

mike213735

« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2009, 22:56:57 »

OK Gav,

You're in the chair mate...what's the date?

Mike

Andy - That's it mate, you jump in with both feet...Breaking 2 migs at once!!! Ease in gently :) Don't do things by halves...
« Last Edit: 31 May 2009, 22:57:26 by mike213735 »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 June 2009, 11:59:52 »

Week before is British GP, and there are bound to be saddos watching that rather than going to meets.

As a possibility, what about the week after EA meet, think thats the 11th July?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 June 2009, 12:01:37 »

I should add, as I am uninterested in F1 any more, that I only know the date of the Britsh GP because I live so close to it, and have to be a bloody hermit from Wednesday until Monday  >:(  >:(

Roll on Donnington, let somewhere else tolerate it  >:(
Grumpy old man

OmegaGav

• Intermediate Member
  • Hemel Hempstead
  • For god sake doooo something !!!!!
    • 08' Vectra 3.0 V6 Cdti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 June 2009, 19:17:23 »

Hi all ! I think the best date would be the 11th July as I have allot of birthdays to deal with in June (My 40th on 13th My Daughters 10th on the 16th My Sons 13th on the 17th and my Misses (?) on the 5th July, Confused......I am  ::) ::) ;D ;D)
So I hope all the usual suspects can make it and more OOF! members, perhaps The Boy will come and knock us all into shape ! :P :P ;D ;D

I'll leave this open to discussion and start a confirmed list this weekend :y :y

If someone wants to do something sooner then I would be happy to make this No12 :) :)

Right, job done, I'm holding my breath ::) ::) ;D ;D

Yes it's my M&S goulash cannon. Ready Aim Fire...!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.