Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brake sensor confusion  (Read 933 times)

viper357

• Worthing
    • 2001 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
Brake sensor confusion
« on: 06 June 2013, 11:55:24 »

Hi everyone

My 2001 Omega 3.2 Auto was showing Brake Pad warning on the screen, so I took all 4 wheels off and all brake pads were fine, still got many many miles of wear left in them. There was only one sensor on the left front wheel which had been cut, so I unplugged it and took it out, but now I thought doing this was supposed to stop the warnings from coming up, but every time I start the car I still get a Brake Pad warning and have to press ok to get rid of it. Is there something else that could be wrong? I have ordered a new sensor and will fit it this weekend.

Thanks
Dean

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Brake sensor confusion
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2013, 12:05:42 »

Hi everyone

My 2001 Omega 3.2 Auto was showing Brake Pad warning on the screen, so I took all 4 wheels off and all brake pads were fine, still got many many miles of wear left in them. There was only one sensor on the left front wheel which had been cut, so I unplugged it and took it out, but now I thought doing this was supposed to stop the warnings from coming up, but every time I start the car I still get a Brake Pad warning and have to press ok to get rid of it. Is there something else that could be wrong? I have ordered a new sensor and will fit it this weekend.

Thanks

disconnecting will trigger the warning,if you connect the two wires together though it should go out :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

viper357

• Worthing
    • 2001 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Brake sensor confusion
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2013, 12:09:46 »

disconnecting will trigger the warning,if you connect the two wires together though it should go out :y
I feel like a proper idiot now, lol, thanks for that.  :y
Dean
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.