Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrade my bose system  (Read 1748 times)

vista

• EAST HAM
    • View Profile
upgrade my bose system
« on: 12 April 2008, 17:59:29 »

of all the chit that can happen to me it has,  :o the control panel that you push into the system to activate it slipped from my hand and straight down the drain :'( :'( :'( now iv either got to find another bose or replace the system, can anyone advice me on a good system to buy that will fit straight in, budget around £200 to £300 lots around but im not sure what to buy, and i dont want any compatability problems. my existing player is cd changer cdc2, and the head unit is the ccr 800 thanks guys

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: upgrade my bose system
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2008, 18:14:31 »

of all the chit that can happen to me it has,  :o the control panel that you push into the system to activate it slipped from my hand and straight down the drain :'( :'( :'( now iv either got to find another bose or replace the system, can anyone advice me on a good system to buy that will fit straight in, budget around £200 to £300 lots around but im not sure what to buy, and i dont want any compatability problems. my existing player is cd changer cdc2, and the head unit is the ccr 800 thanks guys
If you're happy with the system, just get another ccr800 from ebay - they do pop up from time to time.  Nothing else will work with your changer.
Grumpy old man

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2008, 18:20:56 »

Long arm and rinse in distilled water

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2008, 10:30:45 »

As long as you have your code number for the stereo, you should only need the replacement panel that you dropped.

The code is retained in the stereo, and if an incorrect fascia is inserted it will come up with a warning message, but this can usually be overridden in the vehicle by following the code entry procedure again as it will pair the new front to the rear.

From memory, not over expensive from Vauxhall, or look for a knackered 800 on ebay, as to date, I have never seen a faulty panel !!
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2008, 10:32:49 »

just checked the workshop

I have a Philips CCR 800 front panel here if you want to ring me on Monday

:y
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2008, 15:19:00 »

I have a fully working CCR800 head unit here with cage and code, all the rest of the system has been sold elsewhere so its all I have left...if you want it then pm me back...probably cheaper than getting a replacement code from Vaux! lol Will even throw in a spare rear door bose speaker that I have left...
« Last Edit: 13 April 2008, 15:25:45 by ShieldOfSteel »
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2008, 07:30:20 »

CCR 600 is isnetical to an 800 isnt it? wil a ccr 600 plate work ?? if so i can post one upto you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.