Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega TD ECU  (Read 3393 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega TD ECU
« Reply #15 on: 16 January 2008, 17:53:03 »

OK, so it sounds as though it's a less troublesome job.  Do you know where I can get it done?

Thanks for your interest.

Phil

I need to check the scms but, I think you might need to do nothing!

PhilP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 January 2008, 18:26:41 »

OK, sounds good.  Do you know where I can get the pin diagram for this ECU?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 January 2008, 18:27:33 »

As Marks_DTM says, as its earlier type, should be a much easier thing to overcome the immobiliser.
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #18 on: 16 January 2008, 19:11:23 »

Marks DTM Calib, if I understand this correctly myself, the early ECU`s with a relay could simply be hardwired to bypass the relay inside the ECU then?  

On the later ECU`s are you able to turn off the Immobiliser with the Tech2 ? If so, does it have to be done in situ and do the other ancillerary components need to be programmed also? receiver etc?
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 January 2008, 19:43:50 »

Marks DTM Calib, if I understand this correctly myself, the early ECU`s with a relay could simply be hardwired to bypass the relay inside the ECU then?  

On the later ECU`s are you able to turn off the Immobiliser with the Tech2 ? If so, does it have to be done in situ and do the other ancillerary components need to be programmed also? receiver etc?
My understanding is the early ones are a simple relay based type.  Later ones, the ECU needs a (precoded) code from the immobiliser ecu giving 'permission to start'

Therefore, it is not possible to 'remove' the immobiliser completely, as engine ecu and immobiliser ecu work as a pair.

Obviously, with a new firmware on the engine ecu, then it could be programmed to ignore immobiliser, but as far as I know, nobody has developed one.
Grumpy old man

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #20 on: 16 January 2008, 20:18:22 »

Its theoretically possible to reprogram an ECU not to require any communication from any external devices and to disable the immobiliser.

We developed a bit of kit around a year ago to do a similar thing with Fiat ECU`s and Peugeot Immobiliser Keypads, as they had a habit of droppping the chip recognition of the keyfobs or simply locking up like a radio does - From the circle of people I know from that concept, I am aware that it can be done with several other marques of car also, but the vauxhall range seems to be still fairly unexplored.

All the ECU will contain is data, and its not rocket science to alter it, Tech2 is the preferred "Vauxhall" way of doing it, and our own programmers could be seen as another - the skill is knowing WHAT data needs changing, not actually how its changed.
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 January 2008, 20:32:10 »

Its theoretically possible to reprogram an ECU not to require any communication from any external devices and to disable the immobiliser.

We developed a bit of kit around a year ago to do a similar thing with Fiat ECU`s and Peugeot Immobiliser Keypads, as they had a habit of droppping the chip recognition of the keyfobs or simply locking up like a radio does - From the circle of people I know from that concept, I am aware that it can be done with several other marques of car also, but the vauxhall range seems to be still fairly unexplored.

All the ECU will contain is data, and its not rocket science to alter it, Tech2 is the preferred "Vauxhall" way of doing it, and our own programmers could be seen as another - the skill is knowing WHAT data needs changing, not actually how its changed.
As said, it appears nobody has developed the modifications.  The later type immobiliser isn't problematic, so probably not worth anyone putting in development time...
Grumpy old man

PhilP

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 January 2008, 20:59:30 »

So, I'm grateful for all the input into this thread but is there anyone out there that can do this or prepared to give it a go?

Thanks

Phil
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.