Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie to forum love Omega's Can't get enough!!!  (Read 2767 times)

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
Newbie to forum love Omega's Can't get enough!!!
« on: 23 April 2007, 18:20:12 »

:) :y Hi all, Paul's the name new to the forum but not to Omega's. I have owned four of the beast's and would love to own another one. All the Omega's I have owned have all been 2.0ltr's and all auto's. First Omega I owned was a 1998 'P' reg auto, my first omega loved it. They are roomy, comfortable and very very nice. Second one was a 1996 'N' reg GLS auto again same spec as the last one. (oopps didn't tell you) The P reg was a gls with air con the N reg was without but with the electric sunroof. My 'M' reg was an estate but a CD model got that through the MOT and sold for £600. (bought it for £120. Only wanted the wheels), but decided to do it up. Didn't cost alot to put on the road though. Last one is the current Omega which is the facelift model 2.0ltr 16v on a 'W' plate with a personal number on. This one is the current omega and is the CD model with an auto box. Now its time to sell on so I can try and purchase another BUT it must be the diesel engine with the BMW lump and manual. Auto box's and me don't really get on that well. So once again hi to all  :y :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie to forum love Omega's Can't get enough!
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2007, 18:28:53 »

Welcome to the site :)

Manual 2.5TDs with high spec do seem thin on the ground, though a few lower spec ones about.  Have you considered the 2.2 diesel, or is that too expensive?  All the 2.2DTi are manual.

I think the 2.5TD is overrated as an engine, esp in Omega trim, and the dealers do not stock any parts for them, and often take ages to get them (I currently have gaskets on back order for over 3 weeks, they are saying they may still take some time  >:().  Also, finding any official documentation is hard - TIS has little, and Haynes doesn't cover it.  Thankfully, we have this forum.
Grumpy old man

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2007, 18:46:58 »

Hello & welcome  :)

Good look with your search.
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2007, 19:15:31 »

Welcome to the site :y

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 April 2007, 20:16:00 »

Welcome to the forum :y
I like red cars

DaveL

• Omega Knight
  • Nr. Cupar, Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2007, 20:22:01 »

Welcome to the forum, Paul  :y
 8-)
DaveL

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2007, 20:22:07 »

Hi Paul & welcome mate :y

amigov6

« Reply #7 on: 23 April 2007, 20:34:55 »

:) :y Hi all, Paul's the name new to the forum but not to Omega's. I have owned four of the beast's and would love to own another one. All the Omega's I have owned have all been 2.0ltr's and all auto's. First Omega I owned was a 1998 'P' reg auto, my first omega loved it. They are roomy, comfortable and very very nice. Second one was a 1996 'N' reg GLS auto again same spec as the last one. (oopps didn't tell you) The P reg was a gls with air con the N reg was without but with the electric sunroof. My 'M' reg was an estate but a CD model got that through the MOT and sold for £600. (bought it for £120. Only wanted the wheels), but decided to do it up. Didn't cost alot to put on the road though. Last one is the current Omega which is the facelift model 2.0ltr 16v on a 'W' plate with a personal number on. This one is the current omega and is the CD model with an auto box. Now its time to sell on so I can try and purchase another BUT it must be the diesel engine with the BMW lump and manual. Auto box's and me don't really get on that well. So once again hi to all  :y :y
:)my mate's got a dieset est manual not hi spec though. Hope you find the mig you want & welcome. 8-)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 April 2007, 21:55:46 »

Hi Paul and welcome  :)
Retired

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 April 2007, 07:29:40 »

A warm welcome to the forum, Paul!   8-)    :y

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2007, 09:46:46 »

Hi Paul and welcome to the gang. :y You sound like a true Omega fanatic ;) :)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

miggy

« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2007, 12:46:22 »

Hiya Paul and welcome, You wont go wrong with a 2.2 DTI, I have one and pull a caravan (No I dont hold up traffic) I have put lots of extras on the car, it may as well be a CD, looking to have a remap now, have a look round mate there are some good, low milage ones around. There is a good Omega dealer in Hereford, if you need info just pm me.
Pete :y
« Last Edit: 24 April 2007, 16:27:47 by miggy »

platty

• Cambridge
    • BMW 530d Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 24 April 2007, 13:02:38 »

Hiya Paul, welcome to the forum! The 2.5TD is a good motor imo, very smooth and fairly torqey. As mentioned already though, parts are a pain in the rear as Vx do take their time in sourcing them.
Platty :)

Martin_1962

« Reply #13 on: 24 April 2007, 16:18:38 »

Hello & Welcome :y

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #14 on: 24 April 2007, 20:10:03 »

Hello and welcome to the forum  :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.