Author Topic: MG 5 EV  (Read 938 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
MG 5 EV
« on: 18 November 2021, 13:46:49 »

Had our first drive in an electric vehicle, a friend's son works for MG just wanted an honest opinion , got to say it went well  looked to me very similar to a VW Passat estate pretty quick & comfortable but at £34,000 it wouldn't be for us.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: MG 5 EV
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2021, 14:51:45 »

Had our first drive in an electric vehicle, a friend's son works for MG just wanted an honest opinion , got to say it went well  looked to me very similar to a VW Passat estate pretty quick & comfortable but at £34,000 it wouldn't be for us.

I believe they are all chinky made these days, and will probably depreciate like a stone thrown down a well.

I imagine an 18 month old example would make more financial sense.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2021, 16:01:10 »

Lets hope its not VW underpinnings, they are having massive battery degrade issues on the VAG models at the moment  :(

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 November 2021, 16:07:00 »

Lets hope its not VW underpinnings, they are having massive battery degrade issues on the VAG models at the moment  :(
Yes. The answer to these problems is diesel. Try it.
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 November 2021, 16:17:17 »

The diseasal I have in mind uses as much fuel as the Barge :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 November 2021, 16:29:22 »

Being an old indecisive git, I opted for one of each fuel (petrol, diesel and electric)  ;D

In this case it looks to be to high a charge current and also over charging and to deep a discharge is shortening the battery life.

As an example, the iPace never fully discharges or fully charges, its always quite a few percent 'in reserve', being very British we erred on the safe side to get optimum battery life

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 November 2021, 16:31:09 »

Have no idea what it is made up from , didn't really ask much about it  as it does not appeal to me in the slightest, but as soon as he pulled up in it I really thought it was a VW even down to the metallic blue paint.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2021, 16:31:49 »

Being an old indecisive git, I opted for one of each fuel (petrol, diesel and electric)  ;D

In this case it looks to be to high a charge current and also over charging and to deep a discharge is shortening the battery life.

As an example, the iPace never fully discharges or fully charges, its always quite a few percent 'in reserve', being very British we erred on the safe side to get optimum battery life
Is this the test on the ID3?
Diesel till I die

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2021, 16:36:45 »

No, this is the trend across all the VAG EVs from ID3 to Porsche to Audi eTron. Its either a lot of very quick software drops and range/charging reductions to cars produced, or one shed load of battery warranty

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2021, 16:42:00 »

No, this is the trend across all the VAG EVs from ID3 to Porsche to Audi eTron. Its either a lot of very quick software drops and range/charging reductions to cars produced, or one shed load of battery warranty
Batterygate  :o
Diesel till I die

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 November 2021, 16:46:41 »

How very reassuring as I have an iD3 coming Christmas week  ;D.

Then again, as it will be with me for 3yrs and 60k max, I don't really give a cr@p about its longevity past this time horizon  ;D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 November 2021, 16:51:12 »

There won't be many charges :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 November 2021, 16:53:08 »

There won't be many charges :)
Oh, be quiet  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 18 queries.