Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Front doors don't react to remote  (Read 39512 times)

underi

• Omega B 2.6
    • View Profile
Front doors don't react to remote
« on: 14 March 2024, 16:36:54 »

Hey. I bought an omega from a scummy seller a couple of years ago and have been fixing a bunch of things he never told about to get the car MOT ready. The only problem I'm having anymore is with the central locking system, the front doors don't lock or unlock from the key fob. Passenger (right) side door lock doesn't work at all except from the physical handle inside and the driver side can only be locked or unlocked with the key inserted into the door.

I'm wondering if the lock actuator is broken on both doors, I just think it would be a huge coincidence for this to happen. I'm thinking about this part https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.bv-6OvohNnpIojC64psAlgHaIS?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain
I removed the door card and saw the "lock handle" moving up and down attached to this part. I'm guessing it's what the central locking actuates? Does the driver door lock have a physical linkage to the lock mechanism itself or is it electric like on my 2008 Passat?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Front doors don't react to remote
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2024, 18:27:36 »

With age, they almost become a service item.

While the key still works repair or replace both lock motors.
Onanists always think outside the box.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: Front doors don't react to remote
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2024, 10:12:17 »

yes the door lock/catch has a physical linkage to the operating solenoid and also one to the button. ( and obviously to the interior handle,exterior handle and key lock)if your solenoid is going fully up and down like it should then it sounds like a linkage or 2 have come off. maybee whoever worked on it last didnt flick the retainers in place .
however whilst the door trim is off is a good time to lube everything up ,even remove it all if you can to be 100% sure .
the front locks suffer from a few issues .the solenoids have some microswitches in them that can go faulty and the lock/catch mechsnism can seize up due to rust or general lack of lubrication and also the main shaft has a linkage that is just pressed and peaned on. this can work loose and eventually fall off !   then its a replacement or weld repair.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.